“NOT WELL CLEANED”

Edgewater Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed June 24, 2011

The room was on the 3rd. floor with no balcony. The only way to see the ocean, over the rooftop of the hotel in front of us, was to leave the room door open. I was creeped out by the condition of the poorly cared for room. There was dust and grime on the furniture, night stand, sink and bathroom. The housekeeping staff left alot to be desired. I cleaned the room , dusty furniture, especially the night stand and sticky phone and faucets myself . I came with a group of 30 or 40 people. They had the 3rd. floor balcony rooms, which had sliding glass doors and ocean view, over the roof top ,of the ocean front, on the beach, hotel in front of us. I think it was the Sea Venture. The very young front desk staff ,were lovely and polite. Continental breakfast, was a banana nut muffin and orange juice and coffee.

Room Tip: 3rd. floor balcony rooms have the over the roof
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank betsybubbles
There are newer reviews for Edgewater Inn & Suites

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Edgewater was great for a weekend stay over Memorial weekend. Was there for a wedding and it was with 15-20 minutes of everywhere we needed to bed. Room was clean and comfortable, right on the beach. Staff was polite.

For the cost it was a good place to stay for a short weekend trip, especially for a holiday weekend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dragonfly214
Reviewed June 12, 2011

First and foremost, I want to say thank you to all of the staff at Edgewater Inn & Suites. They were very friendly, helpful, and sincere.

Our first room smelled a bit musty and had a wet spot in the carpet by the bathroom. I let the staff at the front desk know, and the girl at the front desk immediately offered a new room and sincere apologies. As we repacked everything to move to the new room on the 3rd floor, Lydia came out to make sure we were ok, apologized again, and said to let her know if we needed anything during the rest of our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The location is great - close to the beach and a block away from one of the best cinnamon roll bakeries I have ever been to! My only complaint is that the walls were a little thin, so noisy neighbors next door kept my toddler up for a little, but overall we enjoyed our room and the proximity to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BeachLove1010
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I had read mixed reviews about this hotel online, but I got a really good deal and couldn't pass it up. I have to say that I was very satisfied with the hotel, location of our room, and service. Kristi the manager at the hotel was so sweet and so helpful. We forgot our son's playpen and they provided one for us free of charge!!! I definitely recommend this hotel, and I will be coming again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jasleenm
Reviewed May 29, 2011

my dog and i always stay at the edgewater,the staff isnt nosy like other hotels in the area.cant beat the beach being only steps away! ill definatly be back, my dog and i love it!!

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank mustanglovrsue
Reviewed May 6, 2011

This hotel has a great view only steps from the sand. It is walking distance from the peer and several great restaurants. The hotel staff was extremely friendly. We arrived sooner than check-in time, and because the room was already clean they allowed us to check in early!.. They had yummy muffins at the front desk in the morning and when checking out our receipt was ready to go, no wait. Thank you for a great, easy, and relaxing experience. I will return to this hotel for my next trip!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RyleighsMommy18
Reviewed April 8, 2011

We decided to hold our engagement party at the Edgewater Skyroom and also stayed overnight. You arrive and you are steps from the beach and a quick walk to the heart of Pismo. The rooms are clean and have all the essentials you need. Kristi, the General Manager, and her staff were so friendly and answered all my questions with a smile. The skyroom is breathtaking. Windows line the walls so you see all of Pismo and the beach. We got to take in an amazing sunset, so romantic :) Prices are such a great value especially with so many hotels in the area being overpriced for what you get. I definitely recommend the Edgewater for your stay in Pismo and if you are holding an event check out the Skyroom!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Bearcub926
beachgirlya, Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

Thank you for review! We really enjoyed having your group stay at our hotel and use the Skyroom and looking forward to having you stay again for the wedding. Please let us know ahead of time if there is anything we can do to help the wedding weekend go as smooth as possible. Take care!