“My New Favorite Getaway”
Review of The Cliffs Resort

The Cliffs Resort
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Living in SF and running my own business (resume writing service), it is hard to find more than a few days in a row for R/R. However, I always find time during the first 3 days of Thanksgiving week to escape and "rest my brain". I have always loved the Central Coast of CA but have not spend nearly as much time in the area as I would like. So, instead of Vegas, San Diego or Hawaii, I left town, and drove 3.5 hours to The Cliffs. I had a fantastic experience. I had a "Room with a View" - a crazy view of the ocean with my own balcony. Up early to the sound of the ocean, my experience was so peaceful. I also had a one hour massage (almost fell asleep).

Would I do this again - YES! In a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I had the best room in the house - 4th floor, balcony overlooking the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Allan B ~ I'm so glad you had a chance to relax and "rest your brain"! I hope we can continue to be a quick getaway for you to escape and recharge. Thank you for your kind review, we hope to see you again before Thanksgiving!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I spent a weekend here and really enjoyed our stay. We chose the hotel for it's great location, overlooking the beach and close to all the places we wanted to visit. The staff from the reception, valets and maids were excellent. Everyone was friendly and genuinely seemed to want to be there. We requested a quite room and ended up in 506. The view from the room was beautiful! At night, the noise from people in the jacuzzi did seem to travel up the building and you could clearly hear people's conversations. However, everyone was gone by 10pm, so it was not an issue. The adjoining restaurant wasn't too pricey and the food was tasty.

For the price, it was great place on the Pacific Ocean. We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

NOSNED ~ I'm so glad you had a great weekend with us and that you enjoyed your room. The views from 506 are outstanding, however for your next stay, our Partial Ocean View rooms (which face north toward Avila Beach and have a view from the balcony) or our suites (oceanfront) are the quietest rooms on property as they don't overlook the pool and jacuzzi, but it sounds like 506 worked out well!
We look forward to seeing you again soon, Stephanie

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Great Location and Rooms for a Friend's Weekend! Wonderful walks on the beach and very comfortable, clean rooms. Very good beds and baths with comfortable clean linens. Terrific large jacuzzi! And very beautiful unusual furnishings in the public areas -- I enjoyed looking at those. Only drawback…no service at the pool in the off season.
The food and service in the restaurant was good. The restaurant has outdoor heaters and plenty of tables that look out over the ocean. One little complaint…the restaurant had a bit of an odor that never seemed to disperse…maybe the floor or the bar area needs a deep cleaning.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Rose C ~ I'm so glad you and your friend enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in our accomodations! We've been having amazing weather, perfect for walks on the beach at the bottom of the cliff. I will be sure to pass on your information to our Restaurant Manager ~ thank you, Rose!

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in January and this hotel is beautiful! The people at the front desk were so amazing! Very friendly and helpful! Everyone that works at this hotel was extremely nice!! The rooms were lovely and the bed was very comfy! The best part...the view!! It sits right on the ocean and the restaurant had the best view! I definitely recommend this place!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

MelissaMasters ~ Thank you for your glowing review! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself so much and were able to take full advantage of our ocean views.
We look forward to your next stay, Stephanie

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Just returned from a two night stay at The Cliffs. We were in Room 447 and had a beautiful view of the ocean. This room is not overlooking the pool and therefore was not very noisy. The bed linens were luxurious and there was an abundance of bath towels. The amenities provided in the bathroom were top notch. We had a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom and bath salts were provided. The tub was amazing. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They give you bottled water if you ask for it! Quite a change from some hotels that will charge you $4.00 for a bottle of water. We tried the breakfast buffet one morning but we weren't impressed.

We hope to return soon. Loved it here.

Room Tip: Room 447….great view. Top floor….Not over the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Jennifer S ~ I'm glad you found your stay with us quiet and relaxing and that the staff were helpful. It sounds like you enjoyed the bath as well ~ the suites have a great view outside, but the amenities in the room (like the whirlpool bath) are also pretty fabulous!
We look forward to your next stay, Stephanie

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The property and room were beautiful, and we were very happy with our one night stay. The food was great and the resort was right on the bluffs overlooking the beach. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place to stay near Pismo Beach.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

DanielSan1980 ~ Although it was a quick trip, I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My fiancé and I LOVE Pismo beach area and vacation there often. We have stayed in a few different hotels from Pismo to SLO to Avila beach and we have always wanted to stay at the Cliffs. Since i had a gift card for the Cliffs that was given to me for a birthday we decided to stay here during xmas when rates aren't as sky high as they are in the summer. We upgraded to a partial ocean view and when we checked in the view was nice, however we were very close to the freeway and could hear the cars. The fireplace kept going on and off and the internet wasn't working in our room. The next morning we went to the front desk and the guy who helped us was really nice and was able to upgrade us to a full ocean view for free. The room was pretty much the same but no fireplace :( and our ocean view (which was beautiful) was over the pool and hottub which can be a bit noisy. But it was still nice and after 10PM the pool closes and we were able to hear the waves crashing which was great. We also opted for the bfast buffet for $20 bucks a day. I also wouldn't do that everyday like i did on this trip. Day 1 great, day 2 blah, day 3 i was over it since they do not switch it up at all and wouldn't let me use my credit towards the regular menu which looked yummy! Basically it was the same exact food each day. The bed was ok, the sheets were rough and the tissues were like cardboard. I asked the maid if she had other tissues and she said to try the toilet paper which was softer but not much better on my poor nose! Check out the best westerns down the street for same view (if not better) and nicer rooms! Also, Sycamore Hot springs in avila beach is similarly priced but you get soooo much more for your money including a private hot spring on your balcony. I went here for a massage while i was on this trip and it was definitely worth going to a different hotel for! Bottom line, cliffs is nice but i will not be staying there again. The major redeeming quality was the staff who were beyond nice and friendly. It's also dog friendly so perhaps if i had my pup with me i would have appreciate it slightly more.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Shara219 ~ thank you for taking the time to write your review. While our hotel was not to your taste, I'm glad you were well taken care of throughout your stay. We consider our staff our best amenity! I hope you continue to enjoy Pismo Beach and our area in the future.