We stayed at The Cliffs using a Groupon that we got a couple months ago. Very good deal! We were also celebrating our 8 year anniversary, and this was special because we stayed at this same hotel on our honeymoon. Everything started out great, the front desk staff was amazing, concert on the lawn was nice (brought a rowdy crowd though, luckily they weren't allowed at the pool, but police did have to come and break up a fight), and our room had a fireplace that we were excited to use later that evening.
The problems began that night as we sat down to dinner at the Marisol, all of the electricity went out. We had to eat by the light of our cell phones and pay cash. Then we used our phones as flashlights to get back to the front desk. They gave us two glow sticks for our room, and then we had to take the stairs to the fifth floor. Our room was pitch black & strangely quiet. Our fireplace didn't work :( and all we had to see was our two little glow sticks. So our night was pretty disappointing. We had to sleep with the window open for fresh air and fell asleep to the sound of the people in the pool talking to people on the balconies :/
I understand that The Cliffs had no control over the electricity going out, but it seemed there should be a better back up plan (flash lights maybe, or another backup generator?). The next morning we mentioned the problems we had the night before and we were told "Yeah, it was a bummer." I was expecting some sort of apology and either a discount on our stay, or credit toward a future stay, but nothing was offered. Under normal circumstances I would give this hotel 5 stars across the board...I love it! But I was disappointed in our trip this time :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront full-service resort with sweeping ocean views, beautifully located 100 feet above Shell & Pismo Beaches. Deluxe guest rooms with private balcony and mountain, pool or ocean views. Friday night wine and cheese reception and Saturday Sangria Reception. Heated, outdoor oceanfront pool, new Spa diaFeliz and 24-hour fitness center. Full service restaurant with room service, focusing on fresh, local produce and providers, as well as an oceanfront lounge with Happy Hour specials Monday through Friday. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Daily, as well as Sunday Brunch. Live music select days throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Cliffs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Resort Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Cliff Resort