Beautiful property & great location. But the staff - oh my. A bunch of kids busy chatting with each other or on their phones without regards to the resort guests.
Do yourself a favor - Do Not Stay Here
Valets and doormen routinely engaged in personal conversations ignoring arriving or departing guests. Not once in 3 days did they open the door for my fiancee'. I even opened the door for a very pregnant woman who was trying to juggle the things she was carrying and open the hotel door. Several employees were watching her and chatting - I walked across the lobby and opened the door for her. It never occurred to them to help.
Upon arrival we found that our reservation was messed up - 25 minutes later we had a room - not the ocean view on the 4th floor we had reserved but a 2nd floor room with limited view next to the elevators, ice machines and a barking dog.
Room was clean when we arrived - good thing because house keeping is a scarce commodity - you will find yourself tracking down the staff for clean towels and supplies as they do not service the rooms everyday...at least the forgot to clean ours - other guests we talked too had the same complaint.
At check out they charged us for a no-show fee for not arriving a day earlier - this was their error. Another 15 minutes and they 'accommodated' us by removing the extra charges. Three days later they put thru a charge for the 'no-show' - repeated calls and conversations with "managers" has resulted in stalls and promises of calls back by 'persons in authority' - still no call back.
There were many other little problems - so many that we found ourselves and other guests laughing - at one point we thought it must be a reality TV show because it was hard to envision such a poorly run resort. There are many fine resorts in the area that are staffed by adults who actually care about their guests - stay at any of these but avoid the disappointment - avoid the Cliffs unless you want to stay at a resort run by the Marx Brothers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront full-service resort with sweeping ocean views, beautifully located 100 feet above Shell & Pismo Beaches. Deluxe guest rooms with private balcony and mountain, pool or ocean views. Friday night wine and cheese reception and Saturday Sangria Reception. Heated, outdoor oceanfront pool, new Spa diaFeliz and 24-hour fitness center. Full service restaurant with room service, focusing on fresh, local produce and providers, as well as an oceanfront lounge with Happy Hour specials Monday through Friday. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Daily, as well as Sunday Brunch. Live music select days throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Cliffs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Resort Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Cliff Resort