We stayed for a weekend, family of 4 including 2 toddlers. Property grounds was great, well kept but room needed an update. One of their selling points is that you get a marble bathroom, which you do, but the marbles definitely have seen better days with stains and cracks. Bathroom fixtures are old and rusty. I did not allow my kids to take a bath in the tub as the drain plug looked pretty grubby.
We got a room overlooking the pool and the ocean beyond the pool, great but noisy at nights from the pumps. They do keep the pool temperature very warm like other reviewers have said, very nice as the weather was quite chilly when we were there. The beds were pretty comfortable, we slept well after having gotten use to the noise. The glass sliding door in our room was not properly sealed-there was a gap where it meets the wall. It also did not lock, we had to use the security bar attached to the door. There was even a sign on the door telling you to do that!
They provide you bottled water, but it's not clear if it's unlimited (there were 2 bottles in the room when we checked in) since you need to ask at the front desk for more. There was no pool side services I think because it was off season, so it was a bit awkward to have to go to the lobby for your pool towels.
We dined at Marisol 3 times, once for dinner when we first arrived, again for a late night snack, and then their Sunday champagne brunch. Of the three, the brunch was probably the most fun and "most bang for your bucks". The wait staffs were hit and miss, loved Kimberly and Jose! Their food is ok, nothing spectacular, but I did love my fish sandwich. The Midori Sour I got was also one of the better ones I've had in awhile :-) (I got wined out that night).
Overall, I think it was a good experience, but at almost $300 a night, during off season, I did feel a bit cheated, mostly with the bathroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront full-service resort with sweeping ocean views, beautifully located 100 feet above Shell & Pismo Beaches. Deluxe guest rooms with private balcony and mountain, pool or ocean views. Friday night wine and cheese reception and Saturday Sangria Reception. Heated, outdoor oceanfront pool, new Spa diaFeliz and 24-hour fitness center. Full service restaurant with room service, focusing on fresh, local produce and providers, as well as an oceanfront lounge with Happy Hour specials Monday through Friday. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Daily, as well as Sunday Brunch. Live music select days throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your The Cliffs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Resort Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Cliff Resort