We love the cliffs and have been loyal patrons since its conception. The pros always outweigh the cons, although we had a few hiccups this time. Upon check in we discovered we were booked in a non-pet friendly room. We always have him and is noted in our profile i believe. After some shuffling around we settled into an oceanfront suite which was fine but we didn't need a suite on this trip. Even though this trip required only a one night stay we were informed of the two night holiday requirement and no exceptions were made. Ok it was worth a try to avoid this. After having a $$$ wedding here a few years back and being a loyal guest I thought we might be accommodated. To save some money we switched to a bottom floor room with the slider opening to the beach path. Let me just say its like I-5 commuter traffic! It's a public beach access path and the people and noise are a few feet from your door. Lots of drunkenness, foul language and just plain noisy people. I will stay elsewhere before accepting one of these rooms. The area outside our room isnt carpeted so every person hauling an ice chest, maids cart or whatever else is going on out there is amplified, we've got noise from both sides!
We are also charged a 55$ pet fee which we know about, but usually get a doggie bed, water bowl, and some other treats which are really nice, this trip NOTHING! Not sure what's going on there. The charge is for a deep cleaning charge for our 6 lb Yorkie that doesn't shed and I'm sure is better behaved than some of the guests I've witnessed this weekend.
Will we return? Yes we love it here, we'll just be sure every detail is gone over when making our reservation.
p.s. we also realized that this room lacks the kurig coffee maker,lighted makeup mirror, or Kleenex box holder. :-(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront full-service resort with sweeping ocean views, beautifully located 100 feet above Shell & Pismo Beaches. Deluxe guest rooms with private balcony and mountain, pool or ocean views. Friday night wine and cheese reception and Saturday Sangria Reception. Heated, outdoor oceanfront pool, new Spa diaFeliz and 24-hour fitness center. Full service restaurant with room service, focusing on fresh, local produce and providers, as well as an oceanfront lounge with Happy Hour specials Monday through Friday. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Daily, as well as Sunday Brunch. Live music select days throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Cliffs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Resort Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Cliff Resort