“Ocean Views in Pismo Beach” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Shore Cliff Hotel
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Orange, United States
“Ocean Views in Pismo Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

We started our vacation in Pismo to plan our escape from the Los Angeles and Orange County areas which are too congested, trashed and graffitied by its residents. We came to Pismo and the Five Cities areas to escape and calm down. We were right to do this. If we could we would move to Pismo. The hotel was perfect for the purpose mentioned. .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

FunInSunPismoBeach, General Manager at Shore Cliff Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased that we could offer you a welcomed respite while starting off on your vacation! We hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again in the future!

Barbara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Booked a higher floor with full ocean view. The view is worth the extra $. No complaints. Rooms are good, staff is good, breakfast is good. Proximity to beach, restaurants, liquor store, convenience store is good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FunInSunPismoBeach, General Manager at Shore Cliff Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us! I am glad we were able to offer a convenient location close to the beach and great restaurants in Pismo Beach. Our coastal views are hard to beat! We look forward to your next visit in the future!
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We staid for one Friday night in May 2014. Many of the Pismo Beach properties have outstanding ocean views. This one is no exception. Jaw dropping is how I'd describe it. The room had a nice balcony, enough for two chairs. The room was fairly appointed and clean. It was also reasonably quiet.

I did find the room a bit pricey for what you get. With tax, we popped for nearly $250 for one night. The "included" breakfast had microwave sausage sandwiches. I felt the breakfast warranted something more substantial than microwave food. After having the "included" breakfast, we walked to a nearby specialty shop and enjoyed cinnamon rolls. The "included" coffee was good. Contrary to the experiences of others, I felt the front desk staff was less than stellar. Upon arriving, I handed my printed confirmation to the clerk. She looked at it and said, "name, please". [Each guest's name is clearly and bolded printed on confirmations.] At minimum, she was less than astute. I had to tell her to look at the confirmation. She was less than friendly through the remainder of the check-in experience. Upon check-out the next morning, the male clerk asked if I was checking out. I said yes. He took my keys, printed a receipt and handed it to me. He did not ask about my stay. He made no attempt at pleasantry. Perhaps a bit of retraining of front desk staff is in order? Finally, as to the mattress, my companion and I both had back pain when we awoke after one nights sleep. We felt the mattress was lumpy and uneven and not conducive to a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Higher rooms will give a better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pasadenajim
Thank you for the recent review of your visit with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the views from our property, they are indeed "jaw dropping!" We have recently added some additional items to our complimentary continental breakfast which includes pancakes, more fresh fruit options, granola, cottage cheese, and greek yogurt among other items. I am sorry that you felt our front desk staff was only so -so, we strive to make our guests feel welcome and our staff are often complemented on their great service! We do hope that we will see you again in the future so we will have the opportunity to WOW you!
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We just stayed the one night at this hotel on out road trip along the pacific coast highway. We had a really pleasant stay. Our room was lovely with a balcony and a beautiful sea view. The bed was good and so was the bathroom. We enjoyed the pool area which was very clean & supplied towels. The reception staff were very nice and very helpful suggesting restaurants etc.
When we left this hotel & moved on to another we realised we must have left my passport behind in the room. We rang the hotel & they were very helpful. We were put through to Linda ,Head of housekeeping. She was excellent , we are so grateful to her. She found my passport and arranged for it to be sent by courier to Vegas to the last hotel of our trip . All went smoothly thankfully !

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our property. I am thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant stay! I am glad that our staff were able to assist you in returning your passport to you. We hope that next time you visit the beautiful Central Coast we will see you again!

los angeles, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had a great visit in Pismo beach. Followed up with a awesome visit to the hotel. Kate at the front desk was awesome and very informative, she showed sincere concern for her guest and that there stay would be pleasant. The view and the bed were by far the best amenities in the room. I'm a sucker for a bed that makes me just want to lay there all day. The continental breakfast was good, However it would be nice if they offered trays so those of us wanting a more intimate surrounding at breakfast time can take our goodies to the room. The view spectacular, I didn't get to experience the sauna or pool, it was pretty crowded up until it closed but it was clean and plenty of towels. My only concern was the bathroom , the shower didn't seem to be thoroughly clean enough for me and our toilet didn't completely flush, We manage the night since we were out enjoying the views and weather. At check out Katie did inform me I could have contacted the front desk and it would've been handled. Thanks Katie you were the highlight of my visit as far as people I was in contact with out there, everyone wasn't as inviting and friendly. And great job on the seafood restaurant choices you referred me too. I had a great lunch... Lastly a $50 incidental hold was added to my bill once I checked out and I wasn't informed on the web site for booking of this added hold so I called just to confirm and explain to the girl that answer the phone that this should've been communicated one way or the other. I understand some hotels do this but generally its communicated she proceeded to tell me that I should have known this since all hotels do this and put me on hold, she didn't ask me to hold at all I was on hold for 15min, can someone say RUDE. I just hung up and decided to right my review and do my research next time. Unfortunately I didn't get her name.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your review! I am thrilled to hear that Katie was particularly helpful to you during your visit. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the view and comfortable bed as well. I did want to let you know we do have trays available for our guests to take their breakfast back to the room, any of our Breakfast Room Associates can provide our guests with a tray. I am sorry that we may not have been clear enough regarding the $50 incidental hold. I will work with the staff to make sure that we communicate that more clearly in the future upon check in. I do hope that we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit!

Mesa AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Exceptional hotel with great service, wonderful pool area and views that were breathtaking. The room had a great view and was very comfortable. The bed was awesome! We will certainly return here. Best Western has never let us down.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review of our hotel. We are pleased to have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

San Jose, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I needed a getaway and both love Pismo, we stopped here and asked to check out a room to get a feel for the place and the view! Wow amazing, we had to stay just based on the spectacular views! Only issue was website said we got fresh baked cookies upon on arrival and asked the three days and never had any available.
Also on our last day out enjoying the gorgeous pool there was a group of about 6 people who jumped the fence and used the pool for about an hour while we were there. They weren't rowdy or too loud but took all the towels. A hotel staff member saw them and quickly turned towards the office, I'm guessing to let front desk know but no one ever did.
Small issues to a perfect 4 day stay in beautiful Pismo!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our large heated pool and amazing views. We look forward to your next stay with us!