“Great management and service”

The Inn at the Cove
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Alabama
“Great management and service”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Our agency has been using this hotel for the past few months and has had nothing but great reviews from our travelers. The GM has been extremely accommodating and pleasant to work with, and it's a great location for my travelers. We will continue to use this hotel iin the future.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Hebrew first
Sacramento
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I thought the service was very good and the continental breaskfast was also very good. My only suggestion is to make sure the rooms are a little cleaner and make sure everything is in working order. We had an issue with the screen door not working and the phone was disconnected. The carpet was pretty soiled and the bedskirt had spots on it also.

I would suggest also cleaning the rooms unless the sign is out not to. We forgot to put the sign out to clean the room while we were away. I assumed that it would be done automatically as other hotels do.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
El Segundo, California
Reviewed September 15, 2010

The location was superb, staff was even better. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 10, 2010

It is wonderful for a quick getaway. Close to the nature. What a view!
For food, we like Mo's ribs and Splash Cafe.
For shooping, we like the gift shop next to the Splash. We can buy many cute signs made by the local artist.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
State of Confusion
Reviewed April 14, 2010

The Hotel has the amenities mentioned.. They were convienent and I'm glad to know they were there to use . The lobby to check in is small & beautiful with all the stained glass work. Lead me to believe the rest of property would be as beautiful. Which the grounds were planted with lovely plants & kept well. As we walked the area there was a bit of noted caution created by nature. As errosion of the soil from the rains etc created a very slippery lose gravel situation w/ uneven walk experience. The staff at office were nice, seemed only because it's employment. Not forthcoming in welcoming warmth of guests nor of events for the duration of a stay. Example:Giving out the highlights of the area or the grounds.
( Oh, that's right, the t.v. w/ correct channel does an informative bit of that ) Still in the lobby area, I stood there looking into the display window of the silver charms designed by area craftsmen. Beautiful items, never was asked if I'd like to see them or purchase them. We inquired about the gift shop that was suppose to be on the grounds. Oh, says the desk clerk ~ As she points over to the area in the lobby corner. Stating; sheepishly : " That's it ". Not, " Was there something that may have caught your eye" ?. ( There are nostalgic shirts displayed on the up stairs and downstairs walls ) ~ F.Y.I. incase your wondering what I'm refuring to.
The room was worn with paint peeling w/ heavy scratches off of mirror frame w/ horrible paint job. Used and abused countertops as well as microwave. The refrigerator was barely cool. Yes, convenient yet, gave me the idea it was placed there due to competition requirements. The carpet showed the usual pathway that appears after so many years of ware w/ fading. Outdated color scheme & design from carpet to curtains. Loved the room darkening curtains! Standard T.V." bummer". The room was clean, which is a plus. Unfortunately, so clean I could not locate the shower cap, soap ect. Oh, wait ~ I did find hair conditioner. Yes, you can go to front desk to retrieve some but, when your ready to pop into shower & Uuuhhh. We all learn to dbl ck. these things before hand. Darn, my loss.
The view was enjoyable from our room as well as the sounds of nature. ~ On our 3rd morning . I start to step out to enjoy the early morning sunrise off our balcony. Considered taking a quick simple walk w/ spouse & coffee down to a quaint romantic seating area for two, which was just outside our room. To sit and watch the waves & listen to nature above the cliffs sipping on our coffee. Ooops, WRONG ! there are 2 men standing there with 3 deep sea fishing poles casting off the side of the cliff on the property...Using that little quaint romantic seating area to plop their catch. Not for a few min. but, 2hrs. these guys fished ~ Nope, not into oohy-gooey-fishie guts & hooks to remind me of them being there. Wondered if they Hotel staff walked the grounds for this type of situation ? Our first night, we had to tolerate a family next door whom did not know how to train up children in the way they should behave while in a Hotel as well as in public. Sleep for that night was limited. Of which, by 5:30 a.m. the kids were screaming at the seagulls to shut up! which was located right outside our room. 7:a.m. being starteled up by screams from them again. By 7:30 I was knocking on their door to require the silence from the hyper 7-9 yr olds. Where are the parents ??? can't they hear this ruccus? I ask myself. An older adult male opened the door. Said: We'll be quite. What the ??? Yah musta known ya so and so. The Hotel should hand parents a notice of their responsibility to other guests when children are in tow.
(Glue it on the door where the emergency exit info is as well as the hotel book on the desk in the room. The toilet, somewhere)

. The 2nd night ~ One would've thought that "Dancing with the Stars" was being filmed in the room above us. Snap, Crackle, Pop...of the floor ~ Boom, Boom,Boom with walking from one side of room to the other. Just as one slumbers off to sleep ~ Boom, Boom Boom, ~ I laughed a bit wondering if the heavy dancer above us had taken a water pill. Yes, another notice from Hotel to guest whom are on other levels to be mindful how they walk. ( Glue it on the door where the emergency exit info is as well as in the hotel book on desk in room )
The stay at this Hotel showed me how it truely needed upgrades in so many areas...The stay really did not leave a good I'm going back to visit inside feeling as I reflect. As well as validation, the public truely being clueless on their responsibilities / respect to others while traveling. During our check out process a quest using her cell phone in the lobby area. Which was'nt that big, was so loud & into her own world of conversation, we could not hear the desk clerks check out information. Repeat please, Repeat please : Quick, where do I sign ~ get me out of here.....
Remove the Ocean & all of Natures Sounds ~ You've got a glorified overpaid place to stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HopSkipandJump76
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 9, 2010

All rooms have full ocean view and appear to have been remodeled recently. Very clean and large rooms. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast included waffles. A bit pricey, but the views are fantastic.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Northern California
Reviewed January 13, 2010

Loved the Best Western Shelter Cove Lodge - great views of the ocean, beautiful grounds - there is a lovely walking path just out the back gate. Room was large, clean and comfy. Staff were helpful and attentive. Great pool and hot-tub - we didn't use the pool, but used the hot tub a couple times a day. Breakfast wasn't over the top amazing, but adequate - fruit, hard boiled eggs, waffles and cereals/oatmeal. Didn't find the town of Pismo Beach all that spectacular (except for the Wharf - which was wonderful), there was a bad odor all around the town but we'd be willing to visit again just to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple