I rarely give a hotel a 5 and rarely a 4 but this one really deserves a 4.5. We arrived in Pismo with our 2 dogs late Sunday morning to visit with some family members and stopped by the hotel for the off chance we could check in. The staff was very nice and told us they have a guaranteed check in at 4 pm. I asked if we could possibly get an earlier check in and she offered to call me when the room was ready, which we appreciated. She did call me about 2:30 and off we went to check in to room 807 on the lower level. The room was very spacious and smelled new. All the rooms had recently been renovated. Beautiful view of the ocean and the weather was just fabulous! Nice big bathroom with granite countertops. The rooms and bathroom were both very clean. Big double French door closet with ironing board & iron. Refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot topped off the amenities. All the rooms are ocean view and each have a little balcony with 2 high boy chairs and a table. It was very convenient for us to take our dogs out to do their business as the hotel had a dog area complete with a ‘Mutt Mitt’ station.
At night the room was very quiet and the room darkened nicely. The bed was firm but not too firm and we slept good. Great walking trail behind the hotel that meanders along the ocean and right to a park where we walked the dogs to.
Breakfast comes with the room and the food was decent. They had the usual offerings of coffee, milk, juices, fruits, cereal and pancakes too. They also had these individual wrapped breakfast sandwiches that you could microwave that were surprisingly good!
We plan on coming back in September and can’t wait! We made the reservations online and called today to change the dates so we could go earlier but the hotel said the room rates just went up. We could change the dates but at the higher rate but decided to keep what we had at the $161.00 price.
The only reason I gave this hotel a 4.5 and not a 5 was that there was a tall window on the south side of the room that was badly water stained and you could barely see out. Would have been nice to have been able to see through the window!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Pismo Beach, The Inn at the Cove is an all oceanfront hotel offering stunning panoramic ocean views and a tranquil setting. Enjoy the hotel's beautiful grounds, outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi, newly remodeled guest rooms, complimentary continental breakfast, free parking and free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Inn at the Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Shelter Cove Hotel Pismo Beach
- Best Western Shelter Cove Hotel
- Best Western Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Best Western