“Excellent food and service!”

Mo's Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #9 of 104 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Alamo, California
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I recently placed a large order with Mo's to feed 100 people - 60 high school Rugby player boys and 40 parents. I worked with Janet prior to the event on determining the right amount of food. I was absolutely thrilled with the food and the value. Janet, you were right - we had TONS of food, even leftovers! I am amazed because the players eat a LOT. Not only did we have enough food but everything was delicious. We had the ribs, chicken, tri tip, potato salad, beans and garlic bread. I heard nothing but rave reviews from everyone. Thank you so much to work with us on the menu and for providing such a great meal for our players after a long day of Rugby.

• Visited January 2013

Los Osos
“Not your Daddy's BBQ Joint”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great BBQ and the garlic fries are killers. Very generous servings. Good for little ones too. Wide range of regional BBQ sauces.

Visited January 2013
Chino, California
“Good”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is good, but very busy. My wife loved their bbq which is a first, 4 sauces to choice from.

Visited January 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A bit disappointed to be honest!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

we were only in Pismo Beach for the one night so turned to TripAdvisor, the handy guru, for a pointer in the right direction. The reviews seemed very good, so headed down to the main hub where the restaurant was located.
As you eneter the first thing to strike you will be all the dated awards hanging on the wall around the place, though the recent was 2006, which should of given me the heads up that things were not up to scratch!
I had the garlic chips, which were pretty good, though not exceptional. Then we the pulled pork sandwich which was presented in a hot dog bun, very disappointing. I also shared a full rack of ribbs with my girlfriend, that we both agree could have been a lot better. I wouldn't even say these ribs were average to be honest.

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous lunch”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We walked in without knowing what we were in for and were pleasantly surprised. The garlic fries were the best I have had. Three of us had the pulled pork sandwich and it was hands down the best we have had. Definitely get it with the coleslaw on top. The regular BB sauce rivals any I have had. Definitely will return next time we are in town.