“Excellent!”

Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our extended family spent two nights here and couldn't be more pleased. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate us and make our stay a pleasant one. We surprised the Café staff the first night by showing up with 12 people for dinner (they normally serve just a few couples at night). They immediately moved around furniture to make room for us, and served wonderful food at great prices. It was much better than fighting the crowds and long waits in town. They also allowed us to take over the lounge the second night, so we could all visit. Free coffee and popcorn were provided. The rooms were lovely and immaculate and the breakfasts in the morning were fabulous! I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Front desk too busy to be helpful, average rooms across 101 from the beach. Weird set up with food downstairs from the lobby, no coffee in the lobby in the morning but you can make coffee in your room. Gee, even my review is boring. We liked Pismo, next visit we'll stay closer to the beach. Oh, my husband wants me to add that the mattress hurt his back and he ended up on the sofa. I guess that means we definitely won't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Be warned, it is not on the beach; however, this is a nice place to stay when you are in town. It has a very nice pool. And they have soundproofed the rooms to minimize the impacts of noise from the hallway.

Room Tip: Have a room that faces the ocean. I forget the floor numbering, but it is weird and you don't w...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank kuwells
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We drove up the coast to see some friends that were visiting from the east coast. They chose the hotel and so it was a nice surprise. I thought the location would be a disappointment because it wasn't on the beach but that was fine. It is a quick ride to Pismo. Our room was clean and comfortable and spacious. I thought it was a good value and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CThais
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We love this hotel! New Year's 2012 and 2013 were spent here by my fiance and I. We loved the location, right by the outlets and short drive to the beach/downtown Pismo, and the staff has always been so helpful. LOVE this hotel and everything it had to offer!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jenn D
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stopped at HGI Pismo Beach on a road trip around the southern perimeter of the US, an escape from New England winter. Along the way we've stayed mostly at Hilton hotels when we weren't freeloading off friends, and this one is the nicest so far. It's on a hill overlooking the Pacific (OK, the ocean is a ways away, but you can see it from the bar off the lobby), the rooms are well-appointed and the beds are very comfortable -- firm, just the way I like them. Our room had a full-sized couch under the window overlooking the pool, a chair and ottoman, desk, etc., and there was still plenty of room to move around. Since we're on the road for more than a month, and in all kinds of weather, we're carrying way more stuff than usual, but our gigantic rolling bags tucked neatly away.

We stayed on the Saturday night of Presidents' Day weekend, and the hotel was full, with lots of younger people here, the kind who make lots of noise. I was prepared for a boisterous night, but our room was dead quiet, without even hallway noise seeping in. There was a little horsing around in the hot tub in early evening, but it closed at 10 pm and things quieted down. Even at its loudest, it was barely noticeable over the TV, and mostly it just made me wish I was young again and could join in. (So I watched a documentary on the Eagles, which made me feel even older.)

One thing we like about the Hilton Garden Inns in general is the availability of decent food in most of them, and the Pismo Beach HGI restaurant was excellent. My wife and I shared the Valentine's Day special of steak and shrimp for both of us, salad and a cutesy heart-shaped chocolate cake for dessert -- all that way missing was taxi fare to the cardiac ward. But it was delicious, especially washed down with some local beer. (The previous night, we stayed at the HGI in Rancho Mirage, where I had a apple-glazed pork chop that was also excellent, tender and juicy.) I know most people like to explore restaurants when they travel, but I'm happy to check in, kick back and eat in the hotel if the food is remotely edible -- the Pismo Beach chef goes way beyond that. I strongly recommend eating here -- in the bar, overlooking the ocean and the lights of Pismo Beach.

So, bottom line is, from a veteran Hilton guest, the HGI Pismo Beach is a great place to stay if you're in this part of California. I will certainly stay here again next time.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike S
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Well first i must say when we arrived, the young man that checked us in was very nice and helpful. However, the beds were very hard. The room was very neat and clean as well. My family and I stayed for 3 days, and each morning ate breakfast in the hotel, however were treated Horrible on the third morning. We Were treated as if we were NOT guests, and just a family that walked in off the street. I lost my appetite after that and chose Not to eat. My family and I will never go back because of the way the hostess made us feel. I DID feel as if she was trying to stereo-type us and I did NOT appreciate that at all. Upon check-out, the lady at the front was rude as well and had lots of time for other people she worked with, but none for me, THE GUEST. I WILL always stay with the Best western brand from this point on because they, nor there staff, have every made my family feel second best! Two strikes your out Hilton INN!

Room Tip: Garden rooms close to parking. Spa is too hot, pool not heated enough.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank KayB8877
Gordon J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2015

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again