“My Favorite Pismo Beach Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
“My Favorite Pismo Beach Hotel”
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in many of the other Pismo Beach hotels in the past. We booked a room at Hilton Garden Inn when it first opened and have been back several times. It is by far the best experience we have had in Pismo. The rooms are modern, comfortable and very clean and the price can't be beat. The buffet breakfast was great and they even told us they were happy to take special requests. Wow. We had omelettes and pancakes and both were great. I was going to the pool one afternoon and was having a bit of trouble finding my key as my arms were full. A man walking by quickly came to assist me. Turns out he was the Assistant General Manager. His name was Mark Roemer and he gave me his card and told me to ask for him personally if I needed anything during my stay. I travel a great deal for business and that was a first for me. My family
and I will be back again soon.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here for one night on a trip down the PCH. My partner and I and three kids had a two roomed suite. It was very clean and they had guest laundry facilities - very helpful when you have been travelling for 10 days. The children loved the pool. We had an unexpectedly nice dinner in the restaurant, with a very helpful server Tammy. The room was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. Good price too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lunavix
Monterey, California
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My stay was fantastic. Pismo Beach is a great place to vacation. The hotel rooms are great, and the staff is very courteous and helpful. I would stay again and would recommend anyone visiting the area do the same.

Room Tip: I stayed in the patio rooms on the first floor. Easy access to the pool and your vehicle.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We recently spent 4 days at the Hilton Garden Inn. The rooms and grounds were lovely and the staff was exceptional. We travel to this area frequently but we have never stayed at this property before. From here on out the Pismo Beach Hilton Garden Inn will always be our first choice.
The beds are super comfy too which is always important(:

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Pismo Beach and the experience was excellent. The check-in clerk was friendly and the entire staff was great. We especially enjoyed the pool and other amenities, and the made-to-order breakfast was great too. Five stars!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We only stayed here for one night while taking a trip on route 1.
The room was clean and quiet and the check in was easy and fast.
We will definetly use this hotel again if in the area.
The hotel is located on the top of a hill so the view is nice.
The pool area looked nice even though we didn't use the pool.

• Stayed July 2012
san francisco, ca
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a few months ago and had an incident that happened while I was there. The following is an email that I sent to the GM, Gordon Jackson and the Asst GM Mark Roemer, with no response from either of them. Bottom line - don't waste your time here:

Hello,
I wanted to give you feedback directly during our recent stay at your property. We were booked in room 336 for one night's stay, while passing through Pismo Beach. The property was fine and your staff was pleasant and friendly. During our one night stay, we left the property to have dinner near the wharf area and returned to our room for the evening. My husband woke up early the next morning to work out and realized that when he returned to our room, he could just open the door, that I had previously dead bolted behind him, by turning the handle from the outside. He didn't use his room key and just pushed down on the handle. We called the front desk to alert them right away and a maintenance person came to our room and was able to do the same thing. He did "reset" the door so that it would lock, and said that the very same door had done the same thing before.

I believe this creates a huge liability for your property, given that we left the property (and all of our valuables) for dinner and slept through the night in an unsecured room with 2 small children. I write you this note because this scenario is so disturbing and unacceptable. Especially if you had someone on your staff who knew about this room's malfunctioning lock, yet you still were selling this room. And the hotel was not at capacity that night, yet we were still given that room.

I tried to speak to the front desk about our scenario when we checked out later that morning. I received a short apology and a quick, "I will let the manager know." I thought that we might receive some sort of acknowledgement from management, since I did ask for a manager's card and was given Mark Roemer's card. Since we've heard nothing, I am writing to you now.

If the marketing collateral cards that you have in your rooms are true, this whole scenario doesn't leave us satisfied. Guaranteed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family