“Excellent food and fantastic service"”

Thai Talay Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 106 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 24, 2009

I recently visited Pismo Beach with my family and we were looking for a relaxed, friendly place to share a meal. Luckily, we stumbled into Thai Talay. It was a busy night (which was a good sign for us) but the wait staff attended to us quickly and efficiently, and with big smiles. Our waitress (I wish I remembered her name - Fifi?) was so helpful about helping us pick out dishes that our whole family would enjoy (my grandmother is not used to eating anywhere besides Marie Calendar's). The meal was delicious - delicate, fresh flavors with just the right amount of seasoning. Everyone loved it - even my grandma! I have been craving Thai food ever since, but nothing quite adds up. The whole experience was really lovely, and I would definitely recommend Thai Talay to anyone traveling through Pismo Beach!

Reviewed July 20, 2009

Having eaten at hundreds of Thai restaurants I was a bit sceptical when a friend highly recommended this eatery in a touristy coastal town, and I was even more concerned after reading the 7/15 review posted on this site. I went anyway and I am very glad I did. From start to finish the service was engaging, informative, and efficient. The food was authentic and delicious. I had what is called an omelette but more closely resembled a light egg crepe stuffed with savory thai spiced vegetables and ground meat. In Chang Mai I had a similar dish, just as good but not better. There is no good reason for a restaurant to "close" with customers there, wanting the experience. I hope "chippy" from Los Angeles reconsiders it's statement that it will never go back. The food and service I experienced are worth an extended journey to enjoy.

Reviewed July 15, 2009

My wife and I went to Thai Talay last night. We had read here that the service was terrible but the food was very good, so we decided to give it try. We arrived about 30 minutes before closing. There were perhaps 3 tables of diners having dinner. There was no one to greet us, so we chose a table and sat down. About a minute or so later, a waitress came to our table and said "My manager said that we're only doing take-out. That's OK with you, right?" I told her no, that was not alright, and she just gave me a blank stare and shrugged. I then asked if she realized that they were about to let a $50 check walk out the door and again, she just stared at us with a weak smile. We got up and walked down to Guiseppi's and had a wonderful dinner served to us by people who really enjoyed having us there. Bottom line - even if the food at Thai Talay had been great - which we never had a chance to find out - it would not have made up for the way we were treated.

1  Thank chuppy
Reviewed April 29, 2009

We ordered take out from here, but it is a real sit-down resturaunt. I can't remember what else we ordered except for the Tom Yum Soup which was super delish!
If you're stopping through Pismo and are craving some real Thai food this is the place!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 20, 2008

Delicious pad thai and friendly service.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook