“Amazing Thai Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Romantic, Families with children
California
“Amazing Thai Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

We made reservations for a party of 12 and were lucky to get a table. We ordered a huge variety of food for our diverse group, and everyone was able to find something they enjoyed. You have to try the Pumpkin Curry...wow! We probably ordered a bit too much food, but that was our fault; some of the dishes were much larger than others, so quantities were too small for some items we ordered and too large for others. Overall, a nice experience.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank CDBCDB

Pismo Beach, California
“Great Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We love this thia food it's amazing.... Great atmosphere , and the locals love it. We love the menu and the manager is great.

Visited July 2014
Windermere, Florida
“Great Yellow Curry and Noodle Dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

We enjoyed the speedy service and the convenient location. There were plenty of standard options on the menu as well as some very interesting dishes that I hope to try next time. The pricing is very reasonable.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ACM_912
Bergen, Norway
“Good food, poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

The food is OK but the service is sub-zero! A half full restaurant at dinner time and 3 waiters on the job and still they are even close do a decent jobb!

Visited June 2014
Los Angeles, California
“So many better Thai places around the corner. Tourist trap.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I am by no means a food elitist and I always try to give restaurants my best opinion possible.

Perhaps the largest tragedy of eating here is that there are excellent Thai restaurants right around the corner in Grover Beach. They are much more highly respected and reviewed....Thai Diva, for one.

I have had Thai food at many places, some excellent, and some just not so great but still makes a good meal. This, however, is one of those places that you make it a mission to tell people not to go because it's so outrageously bad.

What I did like about it was the ambiance and the neat little decor. It's quaint and charming. The music is low and the tables are spaced nicely to allow clear conversation and privacy. The service was a bit slow, but the servers were warm and welcoming. It was a great first impression.Then came the food.

We ordered their basil chicken wings which sounded amazing, and we were assured by our server that they were. What was served up was deep fried wings doused in sweet and sour dipping sauce. The chicken was cooked perfectly, I'll give it that, but the "basil" portion of the dish was served as inedible whole basil leaves spread on the dish - the flavor was not infused in the sauce. It wasn't horrible and it tasted pretty good, but I was a bit apprehensive that this appetizer cost $9 when I could've easily made it from a bag of frozen wings and poured sweet and sour sauce on them. Like I said, it wasn't awful so I was still a pretty good mood when our main course came around.I had a rice noodle dish in broth, which claimed to have green onions, cilantro, and peanuts in a flavorful broth with my choice of meat (which was squid). What I got was hot water with ramen noodles (I am Filipino, so I know the difference), sprinkled with green onions and then squid. Utterly. Tasteless. I mixed it around to make sure I wasn't crazy and had my husband taste it. There were no peanuts or cilantro....or any flavor for that matter. My husband's pad-see-ew had mushy noodles and was just as bland. We asked for soy sauce and covered our dishes with it to no avail.The only reason I didn't complain was that my husband started to feel unwell and really needed to get home. We forked out the $42 bill and left with no intention of returning. I've never seen a place screw up Thai food as badly as this. Again, I am NOT a picky eater/diner and usually have positive things to say about most places, but I felt like I was robbed here. Please don't waste your money!!

Oh, and Tricia H, you are giving yourself a public relations black eye with all of your snotty comments to negative reviewers. Do yourself a favor and stop.

• Visited June 2014