“Great place for good Thai food at Pismo” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 103 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Fremont, California
“Great place for good Thai food at Pismo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

The overall quality and quantity served was good. This is a small restaurant but neat and clean. Though a bit pricey and taste was kind of bland.

Visited January 2013

City of Angels
“Very Over Priced!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was here in December 2012 for my birthday... I had only ever been here for the sticky rice & Thai Iced Tea (thankfully, you can not do that wrong).

I ordered Barbeque Duck and I paid $14.95. I received a huge bowl of perfectly cooked vegetables in a watery sauce and 6 meager slices of duck! That is so NOT Okay!

Like I stated I ordered "Barbeque Duck" and for the price, that is EXACTLY what I expected. BBQ Duck, at Least 1/2 of a Duck...BBQ, not six (6) small slices! I could have purchased an entire duck & BBQ'd myself for less, or gone to the local Chinese restaurant in Shell Beach and gotten 1/2 DUCK for less, rather than vegetables.

We also requested the "New Special" dessert that was listed on the blackboard when we came in, but they had none...yet continued to advertise it.

I'm not happy, this place is a rip-off..... I will Not be visiting again....

Also, the wait person was nice & friendly, but scarce.....

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Auntie-Nanuuq
Goleta
“Never Had A Miss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have been dining at Thai Talay for years. We have brought numerous visitors here and everyone has loved it. We were here most recently in December and October 2012. We even had the fun of bringing family members that had never had Thai food. They both loved it. The items I have had here that are good are too numerous to list, but my favorite item is the Pad Macua. A rich eggplant dish on the chef's special list. Another friend loves that they have coconut custard on sticky rice for dessert. She says it is hard to find the coconut custard. We have also tried their specials on whatever evening we have been there and all have been good. If I had to find a negative, it would be that you can't order rice in individual sizes. They only bring a huge bowl. Way too much for 2 people. So we take some home. Not that big of a deal.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
arroyo grande
“good place close to the peer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

its good, not expensive, the hours of the resturant are kind of broken... I think they close at 8:30 when just about every other resturant in the area is open till 10:00 its not the best thai on the central coast (that would be Noi's in baywood park) but it is good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Try other restaurants in the area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went to this place because we wanted Thai food. We ordered take-out and when we brought it back to the hotel, the lady DID NOT INCLUDE SILVERWARE!! So my husband had to sneak into our hotel's breakfast room to get forks. If you are in Pismo, do yourself a favor and try other places: Cracked Crab and Hoagies Deli were fabulous. The only plus side to this place is the portions are large. I guess my family is spoiled because we have great Thai restaurants in LA and the OC.

2 Thank DaSchoonies