“Great Food but Sporadic Service”

Lido at Dolphin Bay
Reserve with OpenTable
Lido at Dolphin Bay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 105 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spyglass Drive
Description: Lido Restaurant and Lounge at Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa is one of the top sought after dining locations in Pismo Beach. The mesmerizing ocean view provides the perfect backdrop for a casual yet elegant dining experience. Come and experience the most spectacular sunsets Shell Beach has to offer while sitting on the Lido Patio. Executive Chef Jacob Moss has perfected his California Coastal Cuisine showcasing a variety of world class products that can be found right in the San Luis Obispo region. Chef Jacob has developed relationships with local farmers who provide produce freshly picked from their fields as well as with local ranchers and artisans so that he can provide the freshest and most natural cuisine. With over 300 wineries from the Santa Maria and Santa Ynez Valleys to the Edna Valley, Paso Robles and Monterey appellations, there are countless exciting and unique local wines to pair with Chef Jacob's cuisine. Lido is committed to bringing all of the farmers and wineries together in order to celebrate the endless bounties of our region.
San Francisco, California
“Great Food but Sporadic Service”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We had a delicious 3 course meal with wine pairing that was part of the January price fixed restaurant month. At $50 each it was a great deal. Being a Sunday night they were not very busy. Staff was very pleasant an knowledgeable but there were large gaps of time in the service. The first course came out so late that the waitress ended up bringing us some more wine so we could have some when the food finally came. The creme brulee I had for dessert was one of the best ever. I'd definitely go back. Probably the best fine dining in Pismo.

• Visited January 2014
Todd B, General Manager at Lido at Dolphin Bay, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed our Restaurant Month offering, Amy. We actually just rolled out our brand new Winter Tasting Menu for the month of February, bumping the offerings up to five courses, so I hope you will come try the new fare on your next visit to the Central Coast. I will speak with our team about tightening up those course times as well, and you will be happy to hear that while you will not see that wonderful crème brulee on the new menu we do keep a fresh batch in reserve on most days just in case, so just ask your server if you would like to revisit it next time!

San Luis Obispo, California
“Way to waste your day”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We waited for 30 minutes before anybody ever even asked us for our drink order. The hostess seated us outside right away. We sat in the beat down sun watching while the wait staff adjusted and moved umbrellias for other guests and set up a table for a large party ....all of them, never noticing us. I felt completly invisible while they refilled other guests drinks and served them. Finally a gal asked if anybody had helped us. By then we decided to leave. The vallet parking attended was shocked and said "you sat there this whole time snd were not served?" Don't waist your time.

Visited January 2014
Todd B, General Manager at Lido at Dolphin Bay, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I am terribly sorry to hear this disappointing news, Jennifer. As I am sure you could tell from our valet's reaction, this is certainly not a normal occurrence. With that said, I will be hard at work getting to the bottom of this gross oversight on our end, but I will reach out to you personally in an effort to make amends on your end as well. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
california
“We love Lido!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the resort for 3 nights and ate 5 different meals at Lido- all were excellent. The food is beautifully prepared, the service is stellar, and the views are incredible. We have dined both in and outside and just love this restaurant. It is our favorite along the central coast. Lido has a great happy hour, fabulous lunch and dinners, and a great brunch. We are locals so we know the experiences we had for those 5 meals are consistent from previous visits to Lido. Lido offers a nice selection of entrees and because I am gluten intolerant, they are always willing to make dietary accommodations for me. I so appreciate their knowledge and willingness to make adjustments to the menu. I highly recommend eating here for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

• Visited January 2014
Todd B, General Manager at Lido at Dolphin Bay, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Well, thank you! One of my absolute favorite parts about working with our excellent chef team here is their level of flexibility. They are well-trained, and happy to accept any challenge when they can and the difference it makes for you and our many other guests with dietary restrictions is so wonderfully evident when the plate hits the table. I am glad to hear you found a little time to vacation right here in your own backyard as well. Thank you again, and come see us again soon!
Boston, MA
“Excellent brunch in gorgeous setting”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Brunch for four at Lido on a mild sunny day at the end of December. Staff were very helpful in arranging an umbrella for shade. Service was attentive without being obtrusive. Food was uniformly excellent, including the desserts (creme brûlée and bread pudding). Wonderful ocean views.

• Visited December 2013
Todd B, General Manager at Lido at Dolphin Bay, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Excellence across the board is absolutely our goal and to read a review like this makes me so proud of our team from the dish crew to the chefs to the service team. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will look forward to the chance to do it all over again on your next visit!
Merida
“Food Was the Best Part”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Yes, the food was incredible. We went on Xmas Eve and everyone had a different meal... and each one was mouth-wateringly good. We couldn't fault any of the food. The service too was exceptional. The people serving us, from the host to the sommelier to the waiters... all happy, cheerful and good at what they do. That was a pleasure. We also greatly enjoyed having delicious and generous drinks from the bar outside by the fire pit while waiting for our table (we were early for our reservation). We met some nice people, stayed warm and were outside by the beach and under the stars. On this occasion, we ate inside by the window (but it was dark) although we have eaten outside too. I would say I prefer eating outside, where the beach and the sky improve the ambiance. If there is one thing I don't like about this restaurant, its that the inside dining room is a bit cavernous and sterile... if the food and service wasn't so great, there would be nothing attractive about it. They could really use some dividers or something to improve the experience of dining inside. But if you take that out of the picture, a highly recommended place to eat!

• Visited December 2013
Todd B, General Manager at Lido at Dolphin Bay, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Well, thank you so much for the praise. We do work hard not only to keep our staff well-trained and knowledgeable, but most importantly happy and cheerful as this seems to be the best way to make sure our guests fell the same. It is always wonderful to hear that their hard work is paying off. As you mention, of course the sunshine and the sea go along way toward that end as well! We will look forward to seeing you out on the patio again soon!