People have already mentioned the attentive staff - and they truly do go 'above and beyond' to make you welcome, comfortable and pampered. But what made our 'special birthday' weekend trip unique and fantastic was combining a trip up from Southern California by 2 in our party via the Amtrak Surfliner. One person boarded in Fullerton, the second in Santa Barbara and they arrived into the Grover Beach station on Friday night just before 8pm. Grover Beach is right next to Pismo - just 10 minutes away. They were treated to a glorious coastal sunset while riding in style and no concerns for Friday night traffic. I headed down from Northern California via car with an easy ride on Highway 101. I easily picked them up and our fabulous time at the resort was underway.
The Dolphin Bay Resort truly has everything we were looking for - ocean views, heated pool, hot tub, luxury accommodations with granite counters, designer interiors, plush robes, spacious rooms with balconies with fresh ocean air. The location on the bluffs was incredible. And everything was within easy walking distance. The spa is fantastic (wonderful massages), the Lido restaurant was great, and attention to detail was impressive.
At the end of our terrific weekend, the resort offered their complementary house car to drive two in our party to the train - for a leisurely and relaxing journey home. I checked with resort management and they said they'd be happy to accommodate future train travelers and pick them up with the house car, subject to availability. Sweet!
We cannot wait to do it again. Thank you Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa for a wonderful weekend!
P.S. Thank you to Marc for arranging the balloons and chocolate dipped strawberries to kick off the birthday weekend in style!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set along the bluffs above one of the most beautiful coastlines in America, Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa offers exclusive 1 and 2-bedroom suites designed for elegance and comfort. Each suite provides a spacious living and dining room, fully equipped gourmet kitchen, a balcony (or patio), along with all of the finest amenities. Lido Restaurant and Bar features tempting California Coastal cuisine with an emphasis on locally produced food and wines. Treat yourself to a luxurious treatment at The Spa at Dolphin Bay. From the sweeping ocean views to the impeccable service, you will escape the ordinary Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin Bay Resort And Spa
- Dolphin Bay Hotel Pismo Beach