My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Dolphin Bay in a wonderful one bedroom ocean front suite and cannot say enough about this lovely, well maintained property and stunning location. We were visiting California and had arrived from Santa Barbara. My choice was for an ocean front property that would allow up to travel to nearby areas like Morro Bay, Cambria, San Simeon and up to the beginning of the Big Sur area and Dolphin Bay fit the bill perfectly.
The condo itself is lovely with a great kitchen and bathroom. We had a unit with a gas fireplace and enjoyed this as the weather got a bit cool while we were there. We visited midweek and the property was very quiet which we enjoyed. Being New Englanders, high 60s didn't deter us from enjoying the pool and hot tub and sitting our on large ocean front balcony enjoying the perfect views. The pool was warm enough for a dip and the hot tub was a perfect temp. We also walked the pathway and took the steps down to the beach below to get a closer look at the surfers.
We returned from our walk, planning to enjoy a little wine on the balcony before heading to dinner, and were delighted to find a beautiful fresh fruit tray on the counter with a welcome note. Later that night we picked up packets of microwave popcorn to enjoy with a movie before we retired to a very comfortable bed.
My one tiny little complaint is a silly one and not one that would ever deter me from rebooking this fabulous property: the blinds in the bedroom cannot be opened to enjoy the ocean view. There are blinds/ shades on each of the large windows in the condo that allow you the choice of looking through and seeing the filtered views or closing the slats, to give you full privacy. They are great but wish the ones in the bedroom could be pulled open like those near the patio doors to allow a full view rather than a filtered one.
This condo is a great property. I would definitely consider returning with my kids and their husbands/ sig other. It's in a great location for visiting other sites along the California coast and located right off highway 101.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set along the bluffs above one of the most beautiful coastlines in America, Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa offers exclusive 1 and 2-bedroom suites designed for elegance and comfort. Each suite provides a spacious living and dining room, fully equipped gourmet kitchen, a balcony (or patio), along with all of the finest amenities. Lido Restaurant and Bar features tempting California Coastal cuisine with an emphasis on locally produced food and wines. Treat yourself to a luxurious treatment at The Spa at Dolphin Bay. From the sweeping ocean views to the impeccable service, you will escape the ordinary Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Prestigia, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin Bay Hotel Pismo Beach
- Dolphin Bay Resort And Spa