“Ocean Palms best value in Pismo!”
Review of Ocean Palms Motel

Ocean Palms Motel
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Ocean Palms best value in Pismo!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Our family has been staying in Pismo Beach for over 20 years, we have stayed at almost every motel there. The Ocean Palms is one of the best and most accommodating at a very reasonable price. The owner, Bob and his family go out of their way to make sure that you have whatever you need to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms are clean, the pool is great, it"s just a short walk to the beach and the breakfast (complete with waffles) is terrific!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Ocean Palms Motel. I had requested a room with the best possible WiFi connection because I had to do some work during my stay and this request was met without any problems. Bob, the owner, made sure that I was able to connect to the network and checked several times on me to make sure that I was able to do what I needed to do. (without being intrusive)
The room was a good size and very clean. The motel is close to the highway as well as the beautiful beach and the pier.

I would definitely stay again at this motel when in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank FerryV
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

This was a small motel by the 101. It looks like it had been updated within the last couple of years it was a nice room plenty of room along with a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, fridge and microwave. The bed was my only complaint with the room as it was a little to flat and hard. The check in process was ok with the owner he was either a little rude or just a language barrier as he told me my card was declined and I had given him 2 different cards even though I never spoke with anyone there since I booked online. They also had a breakfast that consisted of 2 cereals, miniature pastries and a waffle maker along with coffee and orange juice. Overall not a bad stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We've stayed here many times as we drive through Pismo Beach about once a month. We always stay for just one night but the price is what keeps us coming back! We always feel like we get much more than we paid for here. Great service, awesome location, comfortable beds, clean rooms and again... The price can't be beat!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonoma, California
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I checked in on a Saturday night and was told by the owner that he was expecting me on Friday. I had made the reservation with him several days earlier by phone. At first he was going to charge me for the Friday night, but then he realized the mistake was his and said not to worry and I checked in for my Saturday stay. When I returned home the next evening I saw that my credit card was billed for 2 nights, the Friday I wasn't there, as well as the Saturday. I immediately called him and told him of the billing error and he assured me it would be corrected. Over the course of the next two weeks I called him several times and each time he told me he would look into it and call me back. He has never returned my calls or refunded my money. I feel this is a dishonest way of doing business and he is charging me for a mistake he made, not me. I visit Pismo Beach several times a year but will not be staying here again. Very dishonest.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank lkoop51
alberta
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were greeted by the friendly proprietor "Bob" who made our request for a main floor room happen. The room is was clean with lots of room. We were surprised to find this at a very good price. A continental breakfast is included (also a nice surprise). Location is good to the beach and to the highway. Will be stopping there next time we are travelling the California coast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here one night while driving the California Coast. The Hotel was very nice and affordable. The rooms were well appointed and clean. Check in was easy and parking was right out front of the the room. Waterfront is not far away and walk able. Good restaurants in the area

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple