“Great basic weekend getaway for a great price” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ocean Palms Motel
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
San Francisco, California
“Great basic weekend getaway for a great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Very clean motel with nice big rooms and a very friendly staff. Very basic, but a great price and awesome value. Just a five minute walk to the beach..Perfect for a quick weekend getaway! Will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

First time stayed at ocean palms, Pismo beach. The room is very clean and it does not look like a motel. Also, the price is very affordable. The location is near by the beach and restaurants (walking distance). I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Los Gatos C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

Since discovering it in 2010, I have been staying at this excellent motel every single time I am either traveling through the central coast region or staying in Pismo three or four days at a time. I never use Experia after learning it costs as much as 35 percent more when I book a stay through them. I book direct and pocket the substantial savings. I was initially impressed by the impeccable cleanliness of the rooms and especially the bathrooms; these are the best I have ever seen. The staff are really nice; I gather it is a family run business and it shows in quality. For instance in my last trip I noticed a number of enhancements in perks offered and this time the room had a very nice theatre proportioned flat screen on the wall, an iron and ironing board,(loved that) a personal coffee maker stocked with Starbucks Columbian Supremo that made a superb cup of coffee! Also new was a microwave along with a nice refrigerator that has been provided in the past. Most surprising was the fact that I paid the same price I paid back in 2010. They also must do continuous redecorating as I have never seen as much as a fingerprint anywhere; Walls and floors always have looked immaculately pristine. Before discovering Ocean Palms I had tried other SLO county motels but had several bad experiences. I do really appreciate it when a small business is doing a great job for its customers and tend to support it by giving them my business. Ocean Palms is a gem that I enjoy staying at.
Lastly, the location is superb as I can walk to all the downtown restaurants, the pier and beaches and there are several nightspots with music etc nearby.

Room Tip: Sorry, I won't divulge my FAVORITE room but can honestly say all the rooms I have had rate as I...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank James C
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

We were pleased with the cleanliness of the room and the smiles of the staff. Traffic noise is our only complaint, and that was mostly solved by earplugs.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Our family booked two rooms 1/1/2012-1/3/2012, rooms 7 and 8. This was my 3rd time staying at this motel. Everytime we return we find they have done some remodeling. This time they had replaced the carpet. The owners had previously remodeled the bathrooms and resurfaced the parking lot, which look great. This place is owned by a friendly family and the pride of ownership is obvious. The pool is seasonal, but very clean and inviting. Muffins, pastry, coffee, hot chocolate, and orange juice for breakfast. Having a refrigerator and microwave in the room is very convenient, especially when traveling with kids. Free parking only a couple of blocks from the beach is wonderful. We rarely needed to move our car since the beach and shops are within walking distance. They even allowed us to park in the lot for a few hours after checkout so we could enjoy more time in Pismo. For this price, you just can't beat the location and amenities.

Room Tip: Let the owner know in advance if you are traveling with a pet. Pets are only allowed in certain room...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Robin W
West Covina, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

The trip was wonderful. I got to see my family and staying at this hotel was really nice. The room was really nice and updated and the owner, bob, was a sweetheart.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jessejarro
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

Pismo Beach, CA is one of my favorite places to go. I stayed at Ocean Palms Motel a couple nights ago and it was excellent. To my surprise it was very quiet, friendly and welcoming! I stayed in one of the newly remodeled downstairs rooms - it seems as though they are in the process of putting new carpet and paint in all the rooms. And I was told by the manager that they are adding new furniture to the rooms! Plus its just a few blocks from the beach! I would definitely recommend this place and will be back again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo