“Great spot” 4 of 5 stars

Blue Seal Inn
Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
“Great spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great spot. Just need a/c for the summer. Rooms get pretty hot. It was a great location, very close to everything necessary to have a good time. Very well priced for a week day rate. The room was cleaned very well& left neat. Excellent front desk customer service &well trained staff. Only problem was the room temperature got very high during the day & the room had no cooling unit or ceiling fan.

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bradley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We went to Pismo Beach and decided to give this place a try because it was recommended by a local business owner. We remembered stopping by there once before but couldn't remember why we didn't stay. I walked in the lobby and the smell was disgusting. I'm not sure what kind of smell it is but now I remember why we didn't stay. There was an elderly lady at the counter who put up her index finger and said, "Wait." Another female came to the counter to help me and she was very nice. I asked how much the rooms were and was told that they were $139 a night!! I can only rate what I saw or smelled. I'll never stay in a motel that smells like that in the lobby because I can only imagine what the rooms smell like. I'm giving the Blue Seal a "Terrible" rating on "cleanliness" because of the odor in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank K. B

Travelers are raving about these Pismo Beach hotels

Incline Village, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Blue Seal is on the old highway one, a small old-fashioned motor lodge type but it has been lovingly spruced up by the current owners. Everything inside and out has been freshly painted and the bathrooms have been refurbished. Our room was quite small but had a queen bed and a newer flat screen TV, and served our needs for a one night stay very nicely. At approx. $60 for a wkend rate it was a fair price considering the good location. The desk manager was very friendly and helped us connect to the free wifi service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

we arrived in this motel with a coupon and we paid 55€ per night for a double room. the room was decent and clean. the position is good (3 minutes walking distance from the center of the town that is really small). furnishings were not modern but we didn't spend a lot of tme in the room so , at the end, the motel was ok

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank froggy73
Market Weighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were driving up the coast out of season, so could have taken our pick of places at Pismo Beach, but it was dark and late and we wanted somewhere to stop off and get some sleep so pulled into the Blue Seal. It was a friendly welcome, the room was cheap given the coastal location, and I liked the quaint blue buildings! It was walking distance into town and to the Pier. It is not exceptional, but I felt for the money we got a good safe, comfortable clean room, and I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Last night we stayed in a Red Roof Inn in Monterey for $130, there were bugs in the bathroom, carpet was dirty and the toilet wasn't bolted down and then it decided not to flush! We came go Pismo today with no reservations and decided to check the blue seal, the front desk clerk/manager? Was exceptionally nice, got us extra pillows and gave us a great rate. Room is a little dated but just fine for what we need it for, sleep and shower. Location is walking distance to everything. I would def come back to the blue seal.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank ajo628
Hollywood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Everything was dirty, the towels had what im hoping was only ketchup on them. The blankets and pillows and sheets were stained, uncleaned, and had what appeared to be blood on them. My boyfriend and I are always checking hotels for bedbugs before we even sit on the bed, and when checking between the mattresses we found somebodies dirty socks and underwear. We slept on the other bed in the room, thinking maybe it was safer... Well, next morning, I have two bites on my arm. So I'm just going to warn, this place might have bedbugs on top of dirty linens and towels.
Gross.
& the place smells like mold.
OH! The management is biased to who they will rent to and how much they will charge you, and they are rude and scold you if you let anyone know how much you get your room for because people start calling them out. I'm white and they gave me a 3 bed room for $125, but I was talking to a black girl outside later and she told me that she had begged for the same room but the management wouldn't go lower then $250. After she confronted the manager asking why he changed the price for the person next in line he got upset and came to my room telling me not to talk about the prices of rooms to other people staying there. WTF?

Room Tip: Dont go here