“STAY AWAY FROM BLUE SEAL!!!!!!”
Review of Blue Seal Inn

Blue Seal Inn
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed March 18, 2011

VERY NASTY PLACE......No free coffee and what ever. Towels are stain...Box springs coming up from bed. NO AC...T.V shot no color.. Floor dirty...Smells , Better off sleeping outside.. No lighting on one side of the room..I Stayed in room 24....NEVER.NEVER NEVER again I WILL stay there......Please save your money and go somewhere else!!!!! Thanks

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kash009

Reviewed September 22, 2010

I had been riding my motorcycle for 2 days, camped in the Sequoia and I was on my way home to Long Beach. I was so tired, cold and dirty. I drove by the hotel on my way to the Pismo Beach campgrounds and pulled in. For $45 I got a HOT SHOWER, warm bed that was so confortable and a good night sleep. It was a clean room with a microwave and refridgerator and a little wall heater next to the bed. I was able to park my bike right in front of my room which allowed me to feel it was safe. For wine and an amazing appetizer I went to Ventana Grill and for dinner and more wonderful wine I ate at Steamers of Pismo. On the way out of town the next morning I stopped by the best cinnamon roll bakery I have ever had. It was a great experience. The hotel was nothing fancy, but for the money and convenience, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank teammojo
Reviewed September 14, 2010

This place is the biggest dump i've ever stayed in. Toilet seat broken, mold everywhere in the bathroom, window screen ripped, box springs bent, light bulbs burnt out in bathroom, and no bulbs in either ceiling fixtures.
Toilet clogged early morning and no one would answer the front desk phone so I had to use my cell phone to call in on their local line. Instead of fixing the clog they gave us a key for another room to use the toilet. Hole in the wall that appeared to be a bullet hole.
Need I say more?

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank m2atwin
Reviewed August 14, 2010

This place is the worst, at any price. Dirty...smelly...terrible front desk service. One of the worst (if not the absolute worst) places I've every stayed. But for the fact that all other hotels in and near Pismo Beach were fully booked, I never would have checked into this place. Now I know why it was the only place in town that had rooms available. Don't make the same mistake I did - If you can't find a room anywhere else, I recommend that you sleep in your car rather than stay at the Blue Seal Inn.

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank AJSRAS
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Very old, needs renovation, There was no air conditioning which allowed a very moldy enviroment.
It is unfortunate, because this motel has a lot of potential and the location is very good.
Not woth the money, pay little more for one of the more established hotels.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Frank2466
Reviewed August 7, 2009

This is one of the nastiest motel I have stayed at in a long time. I wish I had checked this place out earlier on Trip Advisor and gotten to read the not so glowing reviews. I agree with other reviewers that this place ought to be reported to the Health Department. I m okay living in a shack if I paid $10. But for $110 -- no way! I have two three year olds and I shudder to think that they are lying in the these filthy beds and are now going to get lice. The carpets are filthy. There is no AC or controlled air. Cheap windows with filthy screens are your only option and then you get to breathe the magnificent air of Main St. and hear the associated noise. It got so hot in the evening that I went to turn on the AC and found none. And to my shock, there was no fan either, only a bunch of wires hanging from the ceiling. I called the front desk and complained. The owner/clerk said that no hotel in Pismo Beach has AC (HA!) but he would give us a fan - would that work for us? We got a filthy,dirt-laden table fan which makes noise. And they seemed worried that we would walk away with it after we left........ The "non-smoking " room has an ashtray and cigarette holes in the blankets and sheets. The bathroom is pretty much useless -- the tub has no drain plug, the toilet seat is so rickety that one falls off at the worst possible time (nightmare for newly potty-trained children who will scarred for life). There are few electrical outlets available, the water faucet is filled with lime and the water does not flow properly. I could go on and on. What I mean to say is that one should stay the hell away from this place -- put up your tent on the beach if you have to or shell out the extra bucks. Better still, leave Pismo and drive a mile or so north to Shel Beach and try looking for accommodations there.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank FabTwinMom
Reviewed July 20, 2009

When I booked this motel, it was short notice for a summer weekend at the beach. The next day I saw the reviews and was discouraged...I even thought about canceling our trip if I could not find another place. But alas it was a getaway from the central valley heatwave for my wifes birthday so we decided to go anyways. When we got there, I'll be honest, I was pleasently surprised...it was not at all like the reviews had said. The staff was pleasent, then rooms where fine. I mean come on, for the price we paid I'm not going to be too picky, you get what you pay for and I've been in much worse places for much more money (and not early as nice as Pismo Beach). Nonetheless, we enjoyed our weekend. I wouldn't stay here for more than a couple days, but for a quick overnight getaway, I'd go back again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family