“Good Seafood, Stunning View”
Review of Steamers of Pismo - CLOSED

Steamers of Pismo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dolliver
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stay in the Pismo Beach area at least once a year and always have a dinner at Steamers, where we feast on fresh seafood. Last night, I enjoyed a pound of succulent steamed clams. My husband ordered grilled salmon and was amazed at the huge piece of fish, perfectly prepared, that was placed before him. A friend was quite happy with her seafood pasta, which had lots of fish and shrimp.

Desserts are equal to the main courses and we chose Key lime pie and bread pudding. The pie looked more like a pudding, because it came in a small bowl with the crust on the bottom. But it tasted sublime (rich and creamy) and we rated it as one of the best Key lime concoctions that we've had. Vanilla ice cream (costs extra) topped the warm bread pudding and blended well with the perfect ending to a fine meal.

Throughout the years, we have found the food portions here to be generous and the menu varied. Though it is heavy on seafood, there is something for everyone, such as salads, meat, soups, etc. Prices are a bit high, however, but a good-value early-bird special is offered. Service is attentive and the server will bring a gift (a can of Steamers clam chowder) for a diner who is celebrating a birthday.

Steamers overlooks Pismo Beach and the Pacific's crashing surf. It is easy to be mesmerized by the view while waiting for a meal. If you time your visit with sunset, be prepared for an amazing show of color in the sky. We always reserve one of the many window tables -- regardless of the time of day we go -- to fully enjoy the stunning panorama.

1  Thank Rumples

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Generally, a required stop for me in the San Luis Obispo area is McClintock's in Pismo Beach. For some reason we landed at the McClintock's Steamers of Pismo. The view was fantastic, the service adequate, the menu pricey, the selections ho-hum. It has been only two weeks since my dinner there and I can't remember what I had - hardly a recommendation for a $80.00 dinner for two without any alcohol. It is primarily a sea food restaurant with a limited selection of beef on the menu also. I will return to my favorite steak house - McClintock's which is across the highway from Steamers - on my next trip to the SLO area.

1  Thank KarlBaker
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We traveled from a far distance and wanted some good local food since. Some local folks suggested Steamers. It's more formal that a lot of the local restraunts. Linen table cloths, linen napkins, etc. They asked if we had a reservation, we said no and they still got us sitted immediately. This was on a Wednesday evening meal as well. The waitress gave us the evening specials and did not bother us until it looked like we were ready to order. I had the Ciatrro which was like a seafood soup. It was delicious. It was loaded with I think four different types of seafood with celery and onions mixed in with a some kind of broth made into it. My wife had the fish and chips which I did sample and was very good. My father-in- law had the Pismo Plated with all kind of battered seafood. it was more than what he could eat. It was a pricey place to go but they made sure you had plenty to eat. No scrimping on the food. We were way to full to try the desert so you will have to figure out that on your own. Oh, they bread they served before the meal was great. I did have a cup of clam chowder before the meal. I could have had a gallon bowl of that and would have been very happy !! Friendly staff, very proffesional. Restraunt seemed very clean.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had one night at the Seacrest in Pismo beach.....walked a few hundred yards and found the Steamers bar and grill. Ordered a bottle of white wine (oyster bay Sauvignon blanc) which was half. It's normal price of $34. Then the bowl of clam chowder each, lovely. Then the main which was Pismo seafood combo ( think that's what it was). We were going to order one each but asked our waitress if it was big enough to she,,,,she said yes......order another one if needed.
Clean loo' s too. We would do again an recommend.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Good was awesome and our server was very personable! Would go back for sure.... The fish and chips with the Parmesan garlic fries were to die for!