“Best Dinner we had in California”
Review of Cracked Crab

Cracked Crab
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We were only in Pismo one night and went on a whim. Turned out to be the best meal we had.
My husband shared a bucket for 2 and chose 4 different types crabs .
A little over priced but worth it.

There are newer reviews for Cracked Crab

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We have been hearing about this place ever since our daughter and son in law came here a couple of years ago. Finally during our trip down the coast, we came here for dinner on May 16. And it definitely lived up to our expectations. Our waiter Chris was outstanding, providing impeccable service. Our daugther and son in law opted for the Bucket for Two which they had before and looked delicious if not a lot of work. My wife had the seafood gumbo, I had the seafood enchilada, both of which we enjoyed very much. Overall a wonderful experience by all and very glad we finally got here. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

If I ever get back to Pismo Beach, CA, this is one place I want to eat at again. The wait staff were friendly and helpful. My wife got the Dungeness crab and the waitress put on some gloves and showed her how to crack it. OK now for the seafood enchiladas, they were filled with crab and small shrimp and had a great cheese topping, with pico on the side.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I recently celebrated his birthday at this Central Coast favorite fish restaurant. We had purchased the "Crabby Package" at the Cliffs Resort that is nearby and enjoyed a bucket for two Alaskan King Crab Dinner that was included in the package. I hadn't been to the Cracked Crab in many, many years and remembered it as very casual with picnic tables and crab nets strung around the corners - not any more! Now although still casual, it has a hip, up-beat look with darling wooden chairs with the crab motif cut outs. The wait staff was incredible! Fun and totally into making our birthday dinner memorable! The Tolosa wine was perfect with my meal and the Bucket - O - the Bucket of Crab legs was FABULOUS! Three (3!) pounds of huge King Crab legs! LOVE it! Also comes with potatoes and spicy sausage, dipping sauces and corn on the cob. Quite a FEAST! Would highly recommend. You might want to eat off of their extensive menu, but for a real treat - do the Bucket! You won't be sorry!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Whenever we visit Pismo Beach this is a not to be missed stop. We order a bucket of mixed crab varieties, a pitcher of beer and we are never disappointed. The food is great. The wait staff is extremely friendly and very knowledgeable. Can't wait to go back again.