“Must stop if you're a seafood lover!!”
Review of Cracked Crab

Cracked Crab
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
“Must stop if you're a seafood lover!!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Exceptional clam chowder, gumbo, and calamari!! The fish tacos were delicious as well as the seafood enchiladas! Truthfully, we couldn't imagine anything on the menu being less than delicious, and the service was awesome!

• Korean first
California
“Order a bucket!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The last time I walked into a restaurant that smelled like this, I was in Maine! I knew I was in the right place. We split a one-person bucket between us. We chose snow crab and shrimp, which came along with steamed and seasoned potatoes, sausage and corn. There were several other types of crab from which to, choose, including Alaskan king crab.

The tradition is to dump bucket orders onto the table in front of you, and that was pretty cool, too. Very, very good — and a must if you like seafood.

Also — be sure to try the crab bisque. They make it with sherry, which lends a nice nutty flavor to this very rich soup. I sampled my husband's clam chowder, and it was very creamy and good, too. Don't plan on counting calories here, but just go and enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
San Diego, California
“YUM. A good crabby dinner.”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I ate here on a busy Thursday night and we both loved it. The place is small and a little cramped, but they provide excellent service and the food is really very good. The two hostesses the night we went offered to call us (since there was a 45 minute wait) on my cell phone, and said it was fine if we went around the neighborhood for a pre-dinner beer (which we did.) It turns out the wait was only about 20 minutes, and they had a table for us when we closed out and returned.

The food... my wife had a crab melt open sandwich and crab-topped salad. I had chowder and seafood enchiladas with a white sauce. Everything was hot and excellent, our server was funny and helpful, and we scarfed everything down in what seemed like minutes. Lots of people were ordering the "buckets" with crab and other items... seems to be the popular thing, but that's not what we were looking for. We'd go back here in a heartbeat. Great place.

No reservations accepted... so just throw your name on the list and wait it out!

• Visited December 2012
REDONDO BEACH, CA
“GREAT SEAFOOD”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Another golfing outing discovery. This is a small, Ma and Pa establishment located in the heart of Old Town Pismo. All of their seafood is fresh and outstanding but my favorite is the bucket where you get a choice of several different items. But my favorites are dungeness crab and slipper lobster (which has nothing to do with lobster but it's good). No reservations but give them your cell number and you can browse the numerous shops until they call you.

• Visited April 2012
Santa Barbara, California
“Spectacular!!!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We happened I here for lunch and were not disappointed. Menu updated and printed daily so it's all fresh. We had salads, soup and calamari which was outstanding. Our only disappointment was we didn't have another nite in town to go back for a large dinner. But, we will be back!!

Visited December 2012