“Great crab”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We went to this restaurant as we were given a gift certificate. My husband loves seafood but I am a landlubber. I was able to order a burger that was probably one of the best I have ever had. My husband.ordered.king crab legs. They were huge and the best he ever.had. the rolls were to die for. Too bad we didn't have more.people on our group so he could.getnthe bucket of.sea.food. it was a.little.pricey for the.crab.but well.worth it

Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We came for the fish tacos and clam chowder, but yikes, if only we'd had a couple more people with us we would have ordered one of those huge King crabs or buckets of seafood! Oh well, the clam chowder was to die for. The crab bisque was tasty although I would have liked a bit more evidence of crab. The sourdough rolls knocked me right off my no-white-bread diet, and the fish tacos were as good as other reviews claimed. Everything was delicious, including the fries and (sigh) the key lime pie made on the premises. A very fun place to eat, friendly, busy, entertaining. . .come early or you might have to wait for a table.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Next stop on the pacific highway was Pismo Beach... to be specific... The Cracked Crab. We had a Clam Chowder and Lobster Bisque for starters... Nice to have a cup size... Both were great! After that a seafood pasta and fish. Also both of great quality and the dishes were a respectable size. Good value for money and a nice ambiente with paper table clothes, paper towls as servietts and the first thing you get when you sit down is a bucket of crayons... To draw with on the table clothe... I drew my wife a heart and a cupids arrow :-))) good place to have visited ... Thanks Pismo!

1  Thank TheDynamicDuoLohberg
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Please try their fish tacos at cracked crab! You won't be dissaponted! i stay away from all the messy stuff they dump on your table (seems to be a have here!) ... I just don't like getting my hands dirty! HA! this tacos are the best on the planet! the sauce is too good for words! I have to admit.. I even use it for my fries! Its why fat people are fat. OK... well you don't have to use it on your fries! Just saying'. anyway, the staff is delightful. always! never a bad waitress or manager here. I haven't liked the other things on the menu as well.. but seriously, can't order anything after tasking the tacos! Oh the chowder and rolls are wonderful as well. best waiters and waitresses in town! Tahnks cracked crab! :)

2  Thank BritneyG331
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We ate at Cracked Crab the last two nights of our road trip. I am so glad I did my homework on Tripadvisor and found this place! I don't normally bother reviewing restaurants but this one deserved a good review.
We have probably had better meals but I doubt we have ever had more fun in a restaurant from drawing on the table cloth with the the wax crayons provided to cracking slicing and picking our way through the bucket of crab that was, as billed, dumped in the middle of the table!
The first night my wife was recovering from a bug and wasn't up for the bucket of crab so she had the gumbo which she really enjoyed. I had a crab meal with Alaskan Bairdi crab which must be the sweetest crab I have ever eaten. The second night we had the bucket. We chose Alaskan king crab, snow crab and about a dozen large local shrimp. Delicious! The seasoning added a subtle kick to the flavour. The staff was friendly and informative throughout the meal.
We had tried to get into Ventana Grill the first night but it was a Saturday night and the wait time was 1hr 40 mins! Cracked crab was much less at about 40 mins and was only about 20 mins on the Sunday. The time passed quickly sipping a beer and chatting with the barman.

1  Thank baloo42