“Great burger, mug & t-shirts!”
Review of Splash Cafe

Splash Cafe
Ranked #5 of 106 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed August 31, 2014

I had a fantastic special - spicy ranch burger. My boys had the ubiquitous hot dogs. Both come with curly fries. Husband had clam chowder which was good, but apparently not as good as at Morro Bay.
Great ambience however.

1  Thank 12TravellingG

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Really good chowder, but the place is too small and usually there is a long line to get in. I think they have 2 restaurants in San Luis Obispo, but I haven't been to those yet. Next time I'm there I'll try them out.

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

The clam chowder was the best I had during my vacation to Pismo. I had the soup and sandwich combo. Probably could have done with just the soup, the sandwich wasn't anything extraordinary. My friend had the shrimp cocktail with the large shrimp and she said it was really good due to the cocktail sauce. Went at an off peak time so the line wasn't too bad. What is difficult is finding seating because it's every man (and woman) for themselves. It's like a parking lot at Christmas. You pray there is a spot and pounce on one when you find it. The chowder was so good I had to get the box of frozen chowder to take home. Hopefully, it's as good.....

Thank Ashley.cat
Reviewed August 21, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a friend who goes here frequently. It looks like a hole in the wall. Everyone is lined up outside and it took about 30 minutes to get in. We ordered their world famous clam chowder in a bread bowl with clam topping (more clams, a little bacon). How do you spell heaven.....best clam chowder and I've eaten it in Maine, Canada, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and even home made. Their secret is garlic and plenty of it. WOW! My nephew ordered chicken strip basket which had 3 nice sized perfectly cooked strips. It came with French fries which were hot when they came out. Yum. The restaurant has family seating in the back and 2 counters which are in the windows up front and a long counter with bar stools along the wall. It's a tight fit but worth it. Restrooms are old and not very clean, my one negative.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

There are typically long lines at this restaurant during the lunch and dinner hours so go a little earlier or later than normal if you want to avoid the lines. The service is always very good and the food is excellent. Nothing fancy but great for a family meal.