“Not the best chowder I have ever had”
Review of Splash Cafe

Splash Cafe
Ranked #5 of 106 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I wish I could share the excellent comments that others seem to have about the chowder at Splash Café, but frankly, I was disappointed. We have been in Pismo Beach many times and the line out of the place was always too long so we always went some place else for lunch, but on our last visit, the line was shorter so we gave it a try. While the menu is quite extensive (they even serve breakfast), their chowder seems to be everyone's favorite. I found it to be too thick, too many potatoes and not enough clams...seemingly the fate of most chowders. Considering how crowded the place usually is, I will probably not be back.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Yes, I will agree with those before me...the chowder is excellent. Came here for lunch a week ago, and so glad we did. It wasn't too busy when we arrived, but just like some have said, the line was out the door when we left. Can't wait for our next trip up the coast, Splash Cafe is definitely a place we will come to again!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Unfortunately we had eaten cinnamon rolls around the corner and didn't have a lot of room for a lunch here.
Menu was very reasonable and wish we had time for lunch,
I did run in to order takeout cup of chowder as heard how good it is.

My spouse and I shared it and both agreed it was fantastic and best we ever had.
Will defiantly come here and wish we grabbed a meal at Splash Cafe rather then overpriced steamers the night before.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The seafood salad and clams are to die for. Of course the clam chowder is the best there. It may be small restuarant, but the food is excellent and a must go to.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Clam chowder in bread bowl...pay the extra $1.00 for fish on top. AMAZAING!!!! A little loud but can't imagine it any other way. For as crowded as it was...the staff handled it well.