“A beautiful room, and a absolutely beautiful view”

Beach House Inn and Suites
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Morro Bay CA
“A beautiful room, and a absolutely beautiful view”
Reviewed December 8, 2009

I don't normally take the time to write reviews of any kind but we recently had the pleasure of staying at the Beach House Inn in Pismo Beach CA, The room was immaculate, and had a big bathroom and over sized shower. The room was very roomy with a nicely stocked kitchenette, everything from a corkscrew to a vegetable peeler is provided. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a nice flat screen TV. The ocean view was absolutely beautiful and the location is awesome! Just steps away from the beach and within walking distance to the Pismo Beach Pier and all the shops and restaurants. We were in town for a Company Christmas party and needed a place to stay and the hotel staff could not have been more accommodating. One more thing that I noticed about our room was the little nick nacks, sea shells and decorations on the tables and in the bathroom. It showed me that someone is proud of their hotel and they should be. We are locals and don't live far from Pismo Beach but when we next need a change of scenery and don't want to drive far from home we will definitely return to the Beach House Inn.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Turkish first
rancho palos verdes
Reviewed November 30, 2009

My husband and I travel to Pismo Beach just about every other weekend and the only place we will stay is the Beach House Inn. The service is impeccable and the rooms are beautiful, immaculately clean and very comfortable. This is our home away from home.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed November 29, 2009

My in-laws, husband and I met there for my husband's birthday. The 3 people we met from the hotel were very friendly and helpful. I needed to print something for a class and they had no problem letting me use their printer. Each room also had WORKING internet which was a big help studying for my class. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well laid out with a view of the ocean from each room. They were helpful finding good places to eat and with all of our eclectic tastes, that's a challenge. Their underground garage made for easy parking and the elevator made it easy to get luggage to the rooms. It didn't hurt that the beach is a few hundred yards away either. :-)

Would we stay there again? Oh yes, for Christmas we're meeting my in-laws there again and my parents are flying out from Virginia to join us. We're going to make this an annual Christmas vacation spot.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Discovery Bay, CA
Reviewed November 22, 2009

We found this gem of a hotel 3 months ago. We dropped in for a one-night stay and loved it. This time we decided to stay for 3 nights. The view of the ocean is great. We watched and listed to the surf from our lanai. Had a wonderful view of the setting sun too. The hotel is new, very clean and is comfortably appointed. The management was most helpful in finding places to tour, restaurants to enjoy and generally were just very helpful and friendly. They even delivered us a fruit basked with muffins one evening. We have recommended the Beach House Inn to our friends and relatives. We will be back 3 times next year just to sit and enjoy the sounds of the ocean as we drift off to sleep.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
LOS ANGELES
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Last week we wanted to getaway from L A for a few days and drove up to Pismo Beach, Ca., on the Central Coast. We discovered the Beach House Inn and what a joy. The rooms were upscale (granite counter tops, refrigerators, fire place, and nicely decorated), very clean and modern. The hotel was not old as a lot of the small beach towns motels are. The manager was very helpful. The motel did not have a restaurant but there several places to eat within a block. We really enjoyed the balcony which overlooked some roofs to the beach and pier and along the coast line. Great Views!! Great place to stay!!
Bill & Carmina, Los Angeles

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed May 30, 2009

I was driving to LA and decided to pull off late at Pismo Beach, after being quoted some absurd rates and driving downtown Pismo I almost gave up.
I tried this place as a last resort and WOW what a treat. Not only was my room huge yet cozy,I fell asleep listening to the ocean. When I woke up I couldn't believe the view I had and when I stepped outside I was right in the middle of all the great cafes and restaurants, meanwhile 50 feet from the beach. It is secure has fireplaces and decks overlooking sea..What a gem! I will return.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Doughman1
riverside
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Given, most of the people leaving these reviews either love it so much they need to express themselves, or the complete opposite. Luckily for those looking for a quality review of the Beach House Inn, Im right in the middle.
The Inn itself is a prety amazing establishment. THE MOST prime location for those looking to explore the beach, pier, and downtown. For those looking to party a little more, stay in downtown San Luis Obispo; though thats not the beach. Pismo only has two late night establishments; one of which, Hot shots pool hall on Pomeroy, is very cool (old theater converted to a pool hall).
The Beach House Inn is quiet, clean, comfortable, and best of all relaxing and convenient. I really liked the garage which is secure and accessible. Very nice views of the ocean. I really wanted to have a fireplace in the room, as advertised, specified this when making the reservation, and was told that they would try to set that up for me even though the fireplaces weren't in service due to the time of year. That was funny to me, because my girlfriend and I were bundled up and cold the entire time we were there, but it was too hot for them to use the electric fireplaces, AKA heaters. But that didn't bother me at all because the room was otherwise very very nice.
So was it worth the high price???? Though we had fun for the one night we were there, it's hard to say if it was worth it, becasue it really is quite pricey. For the price of the room, I was expecting friendlier staff. There was only one woman we came into contact with the night we were there, and she was accomadating, yet had quite the rough personality. Being a salesperson, there really isn't anyone I can't get along wth or make a friend with, but she seemed to make the effort when it came to us checking out. We were called in our room FOUR TIMES to see how long it would be before we would check out. Apparently she just didn't remember the verbal agreement we had made at check-in, about giving us a little extra time the next morning to check out. $279 for a 16 hour stay??? Hard to find the value, but it was there.....maybe. We will be back? Depends on how long I can go without eating.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple