“I'll never stay there again!”

Beach House Inn and Suites
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Kerman, California, United States
“I'll never stay there again!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stay in Pismo all the time but this was my first time here. I actually had a reservation for over a year, having to reschedule many times due to life. One month before my stay I called to confirm and found out that the price had gone up for the summer rates and no one had made me aware of it prior. I was upset because I wasn't planning on paying that much for a room but it was too late to find something else for my family of 5 for a reunion I was going to be attending.
The lady I delt with was Patty and she was rude and very short with me constantly cutting me off when I talked. She moved me around in different rooms Never apologizing for Her mistakes.
The first night we were there we had my brother and his 3 kids come over to eat with us. He was staying down the road at the Dolphins Cove hotel. I get a phone call from the owner at the front desk accusing me of sneaking in guests and that if my brother wanted to hang out that long that he should have rented from them. ???!!!!! WTH!
She spoke to me like I was a child staying in someone's home.
The next night I needed an iron and they didn't have one in the room.........they had an ironing board but no iron.? I called at 7:00 on Saturday night and the office was closed and no one answered or returned my calls at all! I never got my iron or an apology.
This was the manager's number too!
When I checked out, Carol who was the ONLY one to ever apologize and was polite, said she was sorry my stay went that way, but that was all I got.
Oh ya, there's No window cooler either! If you want ventilation at night you have to open the balcony door and the bedroom window. Not safe!
For $319 + a night I could have stayed at most of the hotels near by who also have kitchenettes and ocean views!
They were full of crazy rules and had no guest service what so ever.
I've Never Been spoken to by hotel staff that way and I didn't do anything wrong!

Room Tip: Try another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank AnnD197832

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Turkish first
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We couldn't have ordered better weather. Blue skies and balmy warm breeze. The private balcony allowed us to sleep with the door open and hear the ocean waves all night. The full size frig and microwave gave us some ideas for our next trip. fully appointed with china, wine glasses and even a corkscrew.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor facing the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, CA
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed one night here on a Saturday night in July. This hotel is a relatively small, privately owned hotel. I didn't actually ask but I think it has about 15-20 rooms. The owner's/manager live onsite. It has three levels and a gated underground parking basement. We stayed in room #304 (on the 3rd floor). The view from the room patio was okay. Half of the view is of building roof tops, due to this hotel being about one block up from the beach. No big deal though. It has a living room area with two sofa's and a tv. There is a kitchenette with a refrigerator, microwave, stove, sink, and a small dining table. One bathroom with one sink and a tub/shower combo. And the separate bedroom with a queen sized bed and tv.

Pros:

-Great location.
-Room size was good.
-The refrigerator was full size, not the smaller one that are sometimes in rooms.
-Microwave.
-Separate bedroom sleeping area.
-Two TV's with DVD players.
-Free DVD library in office so you can pick some out to watch in your room.
-Very secure building at night as parking basement is gated and pedestrian entrance is also gated (key card needed to enter)
-Employees were very courteous.
-Two nightstands in the bedroom (it really annoys me when there is only one).

Cons:

-Pricey. We paid $299.00 plus tax for one night. I think it came to $335.00 total. The manager that helped us said that $299.00 was marked down and our room was usually $320.00 plus tax.
-The furniture is not really my style, kind of old fashioned.
-The TV's are the old school tube sets. They should really be updated.
-Having a stove is great but there are no pots and pans. There is a sign that says if you need pots and pans, you can request them, and there will be a cleaning fee of $30.00.
-No pool or hot tub.

In conclusion, I'm not sure if I will return due to the price but overall I liked the place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank honest-traveler-4-u
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We spent one night at the Beach House inn and wished it could have been a longer stay,
. It was a lovely suite with all the amenities, the best part the ocean front location. We stepped out onto the beach and the pier, and enjoyed the weekly Farmers Market there. The hotel was well kept and well priced, and had a working fireplace for the cool evenings. The only suggestion I would have is to include better deck furniture--it was rather sparse.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Best downtown hotel in Pismo Beach with exceptional views and great location! My family and I stayed on the second floor in a family suite with a separate bedroom. It had a kitchenette, a full size refrigerator, DVD player, and an enormous video library (free). When traveling with children this is a plus! The room was beautiful and our stay was relaxing.
This place is also steps away from the Pismo Pier, Brads and the Splash Café an tons of shops. Another great feature to mention is the secured gated parking garage. We will definitely be returning and strongly recommend this hotel. Check it out.

Room Tip: Second floor suites are great for families.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was wary of staying at the Beach House Inn because of their underwhelming website, which seems to feature the ugly bedspread and not the stunning views. However, I am happy to report that the website doesn't do the place justice. It is literally steps from the beach and Pismo Pier, a block away from restaurants and wine bars, and features balconies with incredible views of the coastline. It also features free, secure indoor parking (a nice plus)!

I stayed on the 3rd (and top) floor, with a lovely balcony that had a several chairs and a small table, which was perfect for cracking open a bottle of wine and watching the sunset. Although the kitchenette was stocked with wine glasses and silverware, there was no wine opener. Fortunately, I brought my own!

The spacious room was comfortable, modern and clean. I would have preferred a newer tv, especially since there was no wifi available, but honestly, I just kept staring at that gorgeous view. Oh, and there's a gas fireplace to keep you warm when the cool night air is blowing in off the balcony. The room-darkening curtains allowed me to sleep in, which is wonderful on a vacation. The bathroom was large and had nice water pressure in the shower.

There were a few odd details which reminded me that I wasn't at a full service chain hotel. Someone went crazy with the label-maker, because everything in the room had instructions, from the shower faucet, to the fireplace, to the front door latch! I found it amusing, actually.

I would give this place one more star if it had wifi, a flat-screen tv, and a nicer bedspread. It's a little pricey for not having these amenities. But would I stay there again? In a heartbeat...

Room Tip: I'd request a top floor room, if available. They have the best views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
14clams, Manager at Beach House Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your review after your stay at Beach House Inn & Suites. We appreciate your comments and welcome ideas to improve every experience. Our staff works diligently to make every stay a memorable one. We apologize for the inconvenience of the Wi-Fi due to an outage beyond our control and although the labels may seem trivial it's a must for our travelers coming from abroad. Our new website should be up and running soon. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.
Sanger, California
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Clean rooms, comfy beds, nice balconies, and beautiful beach views. This beach front property is a wonderful place to stay. It also has a private parking garage that is locked in the evening, as well as the door to get in and out of the property. After hours you need to use your room key to get in. It is located directly behind Splash Cafe, and is within walking distance to everything, and a stones throw from the beach (almost, anyway). I also quite like that it is independently owned & the owner is friendly. This is my hotel of choice everytime I visit Pismo Beach. I cannot recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed September 2012