“I'll stay here again!!”
Review of Sea Gypsy Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pismo Beach
Sea Gypsy Motel
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I gave it a 4 star because (1) when we put the DO NOT DISTURBE sign on the door, they'd call us -.- they comfirm we didn't want to be disturbed..if we had the door cracked, due to no Ac, you had to open front door, and sliding glas door for a nice breeze, which we didn't mind!! But, even tho we had "do not disturb" on the door, they walked in and cimfirm we didn't want service, just glade we wasn't sleeping!!.every-other day we didn't need service!! But, when we did, they were great!!! (2) we had to move rooms on the second week (our fault) we didn't know at the time of check in how long we'd be staying, so our room was booked the following week, and had to move (not a problem) but first room on the bottom floor closest to the beach, tho nice, was a little stuffy!! Other then that..it had a cool comfortable bed that went into the wall.. I think its called a murphy bed??? Was nervous at first, but very comfy!! We travel for work and stay in hotels 70% of the time..it's not the Marriott, but has a kitchen fully equipped, and the sunset WOW, sound of the beach AWESOME, and we saw dolphins in the ocean from our room for an hr playing AMAZING!!! You can see the pier, and walking distance to shops, food, bars, and famous cinnomon buns :) the pool and hot tub are cleaned daily, and yes, a little strong on chlorine, but better then it not being cleaned at all..they have 2 washer and dryers, but..due to being on the beach, they always had sand in them, so use the laundry mat around the corner, its pretty big too. They do allow dogs!!! We didn't have one, but they allowed them :) if your going on a busy day, or holiday, like labor day..the parking lot can be crazy!! But we parked 2 cars no problem, but labor day..ppl had to park on the street, which looked challenging because that's where the surfers parked ..oh, balconies were close to one another, that's for sure, but if your friendly, its a great way to meet ppl and have a blast or share a bottle of wine like we did ") oh, we also noticed.. we walked by some rooms with the door open that didn't have kitchen/balcony/Murphy's bed..they were tiny, nice, but tiny!! But I'll totally stay here again!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Sea Gypsy Motel

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Sea Gypsy is affordable and steps to the beach are adjacent to the building and the office staff and service personnel are pleasant and helpful, providing information about activities in the community. Many activities such as kayaking, diving, and surf lessons and shopping are a short walk or drive away. I highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: Our room was in a first set near the stairs leading to the beach and across from the office- very co...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We stopped off at the Sea Gypsy Motel on our journey from San Diego to San Francisco. It really was an unexpected gem RIGHT on the beach!

Only $98 incl tax for a double room which was super clean and well appointed: hair dryer, TV, fridge, wardrobe space, comfy bed within clean, crisp linen, parking and it even had a small pool and jacuzzi!

Pismo itself was a great place with a fab beach and lovely restaurants. I'd definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Laura_Cariss
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at the Sea Gypsy for one night on a week long drive from LA to San Franscisco. We found the room to be very clean and quiet. The hotel is pretty old and had pretty dated decor, but we can't complain we knew that when we booked it. We had everything we needed in the room a nice sofa area and dining table, efficiency kitchen and microwave. We were a little surprised that the room had a murphy bed, but were nicely surprised at how comfortable it was. The hotel is within walking distance to the pier and some great restaurants and coffee shops. They include free parking and laundry facilities. Overall we were very happy with our stay. Front desk staff was very pleasant too.

Room Tip: First floor on the beach side.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Teresa T
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our family of 3 stayed here one night with an ocean front room on the first floor right next to the ocean access walk way from the hotel to the beach. My 6 year old son loved being able to get to the sand and walk to the pier and fish. My husband did not enjoy the 1 st floor room right next to the beach access as lots of people walked right by our balcony and could see directly into our room. I was ok cause it was only one night and I could walk with my son to the pier to fish. My son and I enjoyed watching all the dogs parade by our balcony. Also the room had worn out carpet and and an old kitchen it appeard clean but seemed worn out in need of updating. I would not recommend staying in the hotel for a relaxing romantic getaway it is fine for families if you'd like other families and dogs!

Michelle

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Auntie46
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I love the Sea Gypsy because it is right on the sand and the balconies have an unequalled view, but it is an older aesthetic, it doesn’t have air conditioning (which is missed in the summer) and the sofa pullout wasn’t the most comfortable bed out there.

It was clean, had a nice kitchen and free wifi. They do allow pets, which meant that we had a barking dog noise occasionally.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adam R
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We asked to check in early because we were staying in another place the lady Debbie at the counter was wonderful she's a great person. I understand why they hired here they very smart to do that. She helps there business. The stay was wonderful as were the rooms I will definitely be going back. The views were amazing!

• Stayed: July 2013