“Enjoyable time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Gypsy Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pismo Beach
Sea Gypsy Motel
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Tulare, California
“Enjoyable time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed for three nights in a non-view room since I was traveling on my own. I wanted a place where I could stay right near the beach and also be able to walk to restaurants. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. My room was clean and so was the bathroom. It was such a reasonable price to stay I was leary. I could still hear the ocean at night even though I wasn't oceanfront.

This hotel is very family and pet oriented so if your looking for a romantic quiet getaway this is not the place. During the day it is noisy with kids and pets coming to and from the beach. That is the main reason for most staying here. I didn't mind since that was the same reason I stayed there; for the beach. It has great easy access and it's only a few steps from your room no matter what room it is.

I will definitely be going back to Sea Gypsy in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank DL4ME

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Auburn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I really don't have anything bad to say about this" Motel" as my family and I have been returning here the past 4 yrs! It's clean, the staff is friendly, and the view is abs beautiful!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Shelly E
Choctaw, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were comfortable even with a family of 5. Having a kitchen was a total plus. The rooms were clean. The ocean view was spectacular. Enjoyed the hot tub and the pool. Most of all it was extremely affordable. We will be back.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are worth the extra buck.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jenibrad
bakersfield, ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

My family and I stayed here in April 2012 for a couple nights.

Pros:
1. You cannot get a better view. You are literally right on the beach!
2. Full Kitchenette, even the dishes and cleaning supplies are included.

Cons:
1. Beds were horrible! I could feel the coil springs from the murphy bed poking my back. Moved to the sofa bed which was no better. I finally took the cushions fromt the sofa and laid them on the floor...finally able to sleep.
2. Non-Smoking rooms, not really non-smoking rooms. I say this because we payed a extra to get an ocean view room, so we could leave the door open at night and hear the ocean. We were not able to do this because beginning around 8 p.m. we started getting a strong cigarette smell coming into our room. Then we started smelling a strong marijuana smell in our room. We had to keep closing our door! My son and I are asthmatic and cannot be around the smoke. I called the lobby several times and finally one of the lobby attendants came into our room and they noticed the strong smoke in our room. They were not able to get to the bottom of this and we ended up not enjoying our oceanview room. Next day they moved us to another room. That night our neighbors next door proceeded to drape their balcony with sheets and blankets and place a radio out there. She smoked non stop! Another night not able to enjoy the pricey oceanview room.

I never received a credit or an offer of a discount. We did not get to enjoy that beautiful ocean view. That with the awful beds will be the reason we will not return to the Sea Gypsy. If you are not concerned with smoking or awful beds then you will enjoy this place.

P.S. I had fond memories of this place of my childhood and wanted to share this with my kids. Unfortunately it is not the same.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank eblarios
Dewey, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

This motel has apartments and rooms many with views of ocean. The apartments are nicely equipped with all the essentials. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. It is a pet friendly motel.

You are only steps from the sand and water. The staff is very accommodating and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front or on upper floors have a good view of the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank carolwilson367
Venlo, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Exploring the Californian coast, this is a great place to stop. Pismo Beach has a nice pier with several access points. The Sea Gypsy is next to the pier and at walking distance from the main shops, bars and restaurants. The staff is friendly and the rooms are spacious and clean with wireless internet. Price is very affordable for a place next to the ocean.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Carovh
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Just back from a weeks stay at the Sea Gypsy in Pismo Beach. This time I took my daughter and my two grandkids ages 3 and 11. This was my 5th time staying there but the first time with the grandkids. Everyone enjoyed their stay as much as I always do. Mu daughter can't wait to go back again. The staff are so nice and accommodating, you really feel welcome and comfortable using all the facilities. The grandkids loved the pool and even made friends with other children staying there. I take my dog with me whenever possible and I have to say that the staff at the Sea Gypsy are the most "pet friendly" I have ever encountered. Some places say that they are "pet friendly" but really they are only just "pet tolereant" for a price if your pet happens to fit into thier size/weight catagories. This motel is right on the beach and easy access to the downtown area without being too close so you can still feel like you have your own beach. It is walking distance to some really good places to eat. I usually get a studio or suite with a kitchen because I enjoy cooking and it worked out very well with the grandkids. The kitchens are very well appointed.

Room Tip: I always stay on the side with the ocean view and if you are taking your family, get a suite. They...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family