Sea Gypsy Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Pismo Beach
See available hotels
Motel 6(Pismo Beach)
View Hotel
Dolphin Cove Motel(Pismo Beach)
Valentina Suites(Pismo Beach)
View Hotel
Pismo Beach Hotel(Pismo Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Breeze Inn(Pismo Beach)
View Hotel
Inn at the Pier(Pismo Beach)
  • Pool
Kon Tiki Inn(Pismo Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsmurphy bedfull kitchenpots pansocean viewliving spacenice kitchenminute walk to downtownevery summerheated pool and hot tubcinnamon rollsfirst floorpull out couchmicrowave and refrigeratorbeach accesscable tvgreat for familiesgreat view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The old addage "You get what you pay for" definately applies to the room, BUT step outside see and smell the ocean and it is a million dollar experience. The room itself is clean and has everything we need to sleep, clean up and relax. The location offers everything else you need. Walk around the corner and you are in downtown Pismo with all of the great restaurants and shops. I can easily overlook some flaws when I know how close I am to the beach. We love staying at this motel....and it is a motel. We will continue to stay here and enjoy the middle of the road prices with one fantatic view!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank KonaWish
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Wow. Watching the creepy guy walk around smoking while holding a plunger said it all to me. NO wait, the guy walking around with a steel pesticide sprayer and a dust mask did. NO, no wait, the poor maid taking bath towels trying to soak up leaking water from somewhere? in a hallway. The rude and/or incomprehensible management, lack of hot water, the weird design of the balconies all being exposed to each other, the fact that air did not circulate into that room, even radiation might not make it in, ....... I guess I could go on, actually I did to my hubby till he offered to pull over and let me tell some other people about it for awhile. Thank God for tripadvisors, it's saved my marriage, or at least a train ticket home.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank BedbugsofAmericaunit
Reviewed February 17, 2011

This was my third stay at the Sea Gypsy . The staff is always helpful and pleasant, there are always people working around the place keeping it in tip top condition. With this stay I noticed newly planted flower beds that should be beautiful by summer. The ocean view rooms are wonderful, even if the weather doesn't cooperate it's a great view of the pier. Downtown is walking distance which is a hugh plus if you like to park your car and leave it. I forgot to bring something dressy so this time I took a quick trip to the outlets which are just an exit down the freeway, but usually I can find everything i need within walking distance. Our room had a full kitchen and full size frig. Everything was clean and neat. I love that the bathroom had a tub, not just a shower. I can't wait till I get to back!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank KathyH_222
Reviewed January 4, 2011

This has been our "beach home" away from home for the last decade. Our June '10 stay was such a disappointment that we will never go back again. The studio we stayed in was shabby and dirty with a malfunctioning stove and the adjoining rooms were rented out to a group of very young & rowdy boys that partied ALL night that kept us up every night we stayed and were somehow constantly tripping the electrical breakers for all of our rooms. Not only was the staff not helpful they were downright RUDE about the situation. The grounds have been going downhill for the last couple of years and this seems to be the trend with the whole hotel.
Believe us that it makes us sad to write this and that it is a far cry from the last review that we wrote for our good old "Sea Gypsy"

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ZONATRVLRS
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Beachview, smoking allowed, walking distance mini marts and restaurants, kitchen in room. We had a lovely stay in the little motel on the sea, sleeping with the door open and the sound of the waves crashing. We took a night stroll on the beach to get some ice cream accompanied with tunes from the live band playing in the only bar open on a Sunday night. The woman working front desk even lets use her iPhone charger swimming pool was not inviting and the jacuuzi had a pee colored tint.

• Stayed: September 2010