“Don't get to eat here often, but is very good every time!”

F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House
Reserve with OpenTable
F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 105 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shell Beach Road
Transit: Bus stop in front of restaurant.
Description: F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House offers the best authentic ranch style cooking and atmosphere teamed up with high spirited service and genuine western hospitality.
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We only get to eat here once every year or so, and we've always had a good time and meal. The most recent visit was midweek - we did make a reservation (we usually go on weekends and it is usually very busy), but we really didn't need it, as it was a Tuesday night. I had the peppercorn crusted NY strip, and my husband had the original Tunney Special. He is VERY picky with meat - requiring it to be very well-done, and it was done to perfection. As an appetizer, they had an artichoke that was "split and finished on the BBQ" and served with a chipotle aiolli that was AWESOME!!!!! Both meals were very good, the service was quick, friendly and fun as always, and we had a great time. The little general store has lots of cute and interesting things to check out - we usually spend as much time in there as we do eating! We will definitely be back the next chance we get!

There are newer reviews for F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House

Reviewed January 17, 2010

My family have always loved to go to McLintock's for years, but it had been a year since we went to McLintock's in Shell Beach, Ca. The restaurant decor never changed. My God-Daughter and her boyfriend were visiting and wanted to go. Our party consisted of 5 adults and a child. We had a 30 minute for a table though the restaurant had plenty of empty tables. When we were seated, there was a beautiful view of the ocean. The only drawback was a bug (cockroach?) climbing on the window. We told the waiter and he promptly removed it. I was surprised at the how much the prices on the menu had gone up. My son and I had the special Rib-Eye steak and Scampi, my wife and God-Daughter's boyfriend had the baby back ribs, my daughter had a sirloin steak. The Rib Eye steaks were tasty but very fatty (lost about a quarter to a fifth of the steak due to fat). The scampi (butterflied shrimp) were tasteless and stuck to the shells. The baby back ribs were dry. The meal was $230 plus tip (no drinks). Not worth the price.

1  Thank RichFiveCities
Reviewed December 5, 2009

I eaten here off and on for a number of years. I've also eaten at their SLO and Arroyo Grande locations, all though I prefer the Pismo location best. I must say the prices have gotten quite high the last time we went (after Thankgiving 2009) and we had a good 40 min. wait. But I have always loved their food. And Yes you might get splashed a little when they pour the water but that is one of their trademarks, pouring from 3 feet above the table. Kids love to get wet when the waiter blindfolds himself and stands on a chair behind them ,filling their glasses on their head. And for all the animals, it IS a cowboy saloon after all.

Reviewed October 4, 2009

My children and grandchildren drove quite a way to celebrate my second oldest daughter's graduation from San Luis Obispo because I was under the impression this restaurant was fun. Unless you enjoy overpriced food, inconsiderate waitresses, getting water poured all over you each time you get your water glass filled, and having dead animals' glass eyes staring at you while while you are eating I would suggest you go someplace else. Their prices are excessive for food that is full of fat, salt, and other unhealthy ingredients. My biggest disappointment was that they refused to do anything to make my daughter feel special even though we endured loud and lavish attention being showered upon individuals for at least three birthday celebrations during our dinner. When I informed our waitress that we were celebrating my daughter's graduation, she coldly informed us that McLintocks doesn't do anything special for "that" type of event. It was an unpleasant disappointment.

4  Thank MarriedWidow
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Stopped in for breakfast on a slow Tuesday. The hearty menu is basic but good, and service was fast. Our group had a full meal for a reasonable price and didn't have to wait.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook