“Nice view”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The food was pretty good. I got fish and chips, nothing too exciting. But the milkshakes are excellent and the view is nice from the patio. There is a full bar and indoor dining and tvs.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had the fish and chips, was decent fries were good. Nice choice of beer, the kids enjoyed the milk shakes. It was OK for a quick meal, place was clean with TV's to watch the ballgame.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband, myself, and our three children made a day trip to Pismo last Saturday and I was excited to head to Chele's to get a good burger as I do not eat seafood, and my husband was excited for some FRESH fish and chips, but when we walked up the alley we realized that Chele's was no longer, but we decided to try this place anyway. Unfortunately my husband's excitement was replaced by disgust when they brought out soggy and what appeared to be previously frozen fish.... This place is literally about 200 steps from the beach and they aren't serving fresh fish? What gives? He also said the tartar sauce was "nasty" and a far cry from the yummy food we have received many times from the restaurant that previously occupied this spot. My bacon cheeseburger was OK, but when I ordered the burger I had to pay extra for the fries, and I had to pay $1.99 for them. The iced tea my husband received was murky and had an extremely funky taste and the chicken strip kids meals all three of my children ordered had a strange orange color to the breading on the chicken. Our waitress was nice enough but seemed slightly overwhelmed by the four tables she was serving and at one point completely ignored the request for silverware from the table behind us, the man had to get his own from the service cart. She never really asked how anything was, probably because she didn't want us to tell her that their fish sucked. I was extremely disappointed at the fact that the fish and chips was almost $11.00 and it only came with three pieces of fish, one of which looked like it was broken in half to tell the doneness. I don't even eat fish and it looked inedible to me, the breading looked wet and overly browned, it was falling off the fish as soon as he picked it up. My husband ate only one piece and then proceeded to tell me he'd rather eat fish from a fast food place than have to eat it from this place again. It was nearly $50 for the five meals, which is to be expected at a half decent place, but in my honest opinion, this place wasn't worth $20, I would've rather eaten at McDonald's or something. This place is not worth the money, instead, go across the street to Brad's and enjoy an excellent tri tip sandwich or the much better fish and chips. We definitely will not be returning to this place.

1  Thank packyourheart
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The Cool Cat Café replaced Chele's, across the street from Splash Café. On August 1st we had lunch here, because the line at Splash was huge. They were busy, and we had to wait for a table, but not for long. We sat on the patio, which has a decent view.
Both of us ordered the large fish and chips. This included 3 small pieces of fish with just a dusting of flour, then fried. The result was fish that was sort of "spongy". Undoubtedly more healthy without the usual thick crispy coating, but I was still kind of disappointed. The fish was served on a bed of shredded cabbage. A little dressing would have made it a nice cole slaw. The fries were excellent. Service was friendly and efficient, yet I'm not in any rush to return.
Many items were $20 or more, but no one appeared to be ordering those. From where we were seated, it seemed to be mainly fish & chips, burgers and other sandwiches. It wasn't a bad meal...just not great.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is a new restaurant on the corner across from the Splash Cafe, Harry's Bar, and catty-corner from Brad's. We had eaten at the one in Maui 2 years ago, and were excited to try it in Pismo Beach. Everyone was friendly, the food was good, but a little more expensive than we remembered from the one in Maui. The booth benches were really low or the table was really high because we felt like we needed booster seats (we are not children). My only complaint was that I asked for a well done hamburger and it was medium. I didn't send it back because it was edible, but would of liked it better if it was cooked well done like I wanted.