“I love this place”

Ranked #29 of 106 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Not only is this a fun place but the food is local and seasonal and often times organic and very local. The beef is grass fed, the coffee is fair trade, so is the chai and the chocolate is organic and fair trade. The music is cool, the people are fun to watch having a fun time working and engaging and eating outside is great. Christi is wonderful and her mother is a hoot who is always helping out!

bob banner
edibleSLO and HopeDance

Reviewed May 27, 2009

Ok the atmosphere was the best thing here for me !! Outside thatched roof tables, kind of Jamaican inspired music playing, and a big outdoor kitchen where someone was making pancakes, french toast and scrambled eggs !! I think I ordered wrong.. got the special and I am not a big french toast eater, very flavorful but on the wet side if you know what I mean, I think I would have preferred a big egg scramble with peppers and such but walking up to order I kind of rushed and did not read thru all the choices. Coffee is a bit on the bitter side but a lot of people drink Starbucks so ... Fun creative place and if I am back in Pismo and don't want an ocean view I would try it again...

Reviewed May 13, 2009

Great coffee! Order from the counter sign, and they bring the meal to your table. A nice selection of fresh dishes- eggs, salads, sandwiches. Nicely decorated California casual indoor and outdoor space. A very comfortable place to sit and watch the world go by.

Reviewed April 26, 2009

The Honeymoon Cafe is an experience not to be missed. It's original, healthy, amazingly delicious menu, compounded with the friendly owners and servers are incomparable to anything else in the area. Breakfast and lunch has been a treat, full of whole grains, fresh fruit and interesting vegetables, served up out front on a patio garden setting on agreeable days or inside the revamped old time service station. I suggest you try anything you fancy, because I have yet to try something I didn't like. ask for a heart in your latte.

Reviewed March 1, 2009

I went here with my husband for breakfast on our honeymoon. It was excellent! I loved the outdoor grill and the atmosphere. I had the best coffee ever there. Definitely want to visit again.