“Excellent fish and chips, very good clam...”
Review of Brad's Restaurant

Brad's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 105 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Excellent fish and chips, very good clam chowder, friendly staff and service, good bargain on the senior menu.

There are newer reviews for Brad's Restaurant

Reviewed July 21, 2010

Brad's food is great. Their clam chowder is the best. They have a good kids menu. My only gripe is that the servers are allways too busy and don't take that good of care of the customers. They should hire more servers.

Reviewed July 17, 2010

We went early at 5:00 on our last night at Pismo Beach as we had eaten here the summer before and enjoyed the outdoor patio. This time the waitress was rushed and ignored my husband's funny comment. However, by the end, our tip time, she came and chatted with him and apologized for her earlier curtness. The food was so-so. My trip-tip sandwich was a little dry with no extra's on it and for the price...I wasn't impressed.

Reviewed May 2, 2010

Was on work travel and took a drive up to Pismo. I have eaten at Splash Cafe, but figured I would give Brad's a try. Against my better judgement (to get fish n chips since it seems to be rated really high on other reviews), I ordered the trip-tip and lobster tail... it was completely boring. The meat was at least seasoned well and cooked to order, but the lobster tail was un-inspired and flavorless. I do have to say the clam chowder was exceptional, though - creamy, chunky, and lots of flavor besides potatoes. I would still recommend it based on the fact that my co worker enjoyed her salmon (which did look seasoned well) and we both really enjoyed the chowder as well as the outside seating.

1  Thank artique
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Other nearby restaurants CLAIM to have the best clam chowder in Pismo Beach, however, they're WRONG! Brad's has the most amazing clam chowder we have ever tasted! It is homemade and made daily unlike other restaurants who buy the clam chowder base and add to it! This is inside information here! :) Our suggestion is to have the clam chowder in a bread bowl...delicious!

Beyond the clam chowder they have an extensive menu for seafood lovers and those who aren't. Their fresh, barbecued fish is the best and they also have the best fish and chips! Even when we venture away from the fish and chips, we have yet to find fault in any of the other entrees we have ordered.

The staff is warm and friendly, always eager to please. But, one of the greatest things about Brad's is that they close the first two weeks in December in order to clean the restaurant! Have you ever heard of a restaurant doing this? It's nice to know that a restaurant is so willing to lose business for two weeks so that they can please their customers. It almost seems like we want to go to Brad's those two weeks because we know we can't! We're moving out of the area. It's bittersweet, but we know we'll be able to visit Brad's for vacation!

1  Thank babyojen