“Great clam chowder!”
Review of Brad's Restaurant

Brad's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 103 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
tulare
“Great clam chowder!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Service was not great but our waiter was new and he was doing his best. Clam chowder was the best I've had in Pismo in a long time. Bread was fresh and tasty.

• Visited March 2014

San Francisco, California
“Curiosity overcame me...”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Ok restaurant, a basic, no-frills restaurant. I recall seeing this restaurant on Diners Drive Ins and Dives a long time ago. I had their clam chowder that was quite good, and their clams (frozen and fried?) and chips, only ok. I was looking for oysters but they did not have any. Had to ask for tartar sauce. Every time I've been here it's been packed. Today wasn't crowded at all. But for what you get, it's quite expensive.

• Visited April 2014
“Yummy”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Based on the reviews we stopped here to try it out after a day playing on the beach. The clam chowder was thick and creamy with LOTS of clam...awesome! The fish and chips were good but not as awesome as some of the other reviews led me to believe however my daughter would disagree because she loved them. The batter was light and the fish was tender so nothing to complain about they were just good. Overall good but not a place I have to come back to.

Inland Empire
“A Quick Lunch”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

It was a Saturday, and easy to get an 11:30 lunch on the patio. Later on, it was very crowded. We thought the salmon and halibut were fresh and not overcooked, however, the chowder was totally tasteless. The hostess was very pleasant and friendly, and the server was very efficient. It certainly wasn't a five star restaurant, but it was nice to get some good fish for a quick lunch.

• Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Kind of what we expected.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It was one of those nights where we couldn't decide where to eat, walking around forever, and it was getting dark. We had passed Brad's a couple of times and found ourselves standing in front of it again. Finally we just went in to have a look at the menu. We found something my girlfriend's mother could eat (a grilled fish) and thus our decision was made to try it out.

It's got a kind of diner-vibe to it. I believe they said it was recently renovated and things did look new, just kind of dated. Still, that's fine. It was clean.

It's a loaded menu with a huge, jumbled selection. There's a seafood section, but you'll also find more seafood in other sections of the menu so you need to hunt around for what you want. Unfortunately, I was disappointed when I realized one whole page of interesting grilled fare is only offered at certain times of the week.

We all went with various kinds of seafood: grilled fish with steamed veggies, fish and chips, and crab and shrimp salad. Nice portions (prices are okay), but everything was a little bland and nothing really stood out in terms of taste. It's nothing that can't be made at home with a bit more flavour and style.

Service was fast and efficient. They have a kids menu and I can see this place as being a good choice for families with little kids. It's casual and relaxed, and the food is predictable.

• Visited February 2014