“Service the biggest issue”
Review of Marie Callender's #134 - CLOSED

Marie Callender's #134
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We only ate there for breakfast as we'd gotten a free coupon for breakfast from the Sea Crest Hotel which was next door. We ate there 4 mornings. The food was average but I can't complain when it's free. The first day we ate there we had a server named Ivy who needs to make a career change. She made us feel as if she were doing us a favor by waiting on us and even was making faces behind an elderly couple's back when they couldn't make up their minds where to sit. Not professional. The other 3 mornings we had good servers for the most part but it seems they all disappear after the food arrived I guess because the food was free we didn't need them anymore..I always tip 20% or more when I get good service. We were happy we only had Ivy one day.

5  Thank Roberta1353

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely meal served by helpful and polite staff. Wish I could have sampled a desert but main course was too filling!

4  Thank JayneB57
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Location is convenient to our hotel but they were understaffed. We waited an hour after being told it was a 20 minute wait.

3  Thank M K
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Good food, great service. Loved this restaurant. I had the shepherds pie so tasty. Husband had steak which was tender and beautifully cooked.

4  Thank 401traveller
Reviewed October 14, 2013

There is a limited ocean view, but the food is just average at dinner. I would avoid the Sunday brunch..

4  Thank mriell3