“Christmas Eve Disappointment”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The pie is always very good at Marie's. However, the shrimp tacoes were two spicy for our taste and the Chicken Pot Pie was not hot enough. The restaurant was somewhat busy; perhaps the chef was a bit distracted by the upcoming holiday. The server was pleasant and polite, but we would have appreciated a little more attention.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stopped here for an early dinner. Apparently, there was a Christmas party going on in another room, so there was a lot of noise. The restaurant itself is nice, however it has a NY Loft style like decor-open beams, etc. They're all painted white, so it was easy to see how dirty the beams were-layers and layers of dust and cobwebs. Staff was pleasant and nice-our waitress was a bit overbearing-kept coming to our table every 5 minutes it seemed. Meals were nice-I had the Chicken Pot Pie trio and my husband had the Shepards' Pie trio.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

we went to get a take out order. The hill was a little bit of a climb to get there. The chicken pot pie was excellent. The wait was long, even though we called way ahead.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Went here for a quick dinner. Had pleasant service and good food. It was exactly what I expected at a Marie Callender's - which is what you need when you are visiting a new town!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My father, sister, and I stopped at Marie Callender's for dessert on our return from Sacramento to Santa Barbara. Since this is a chain restaurant, readers should be familiar with its offerings, especially the pies that are the restaurant's specialties. My father had a lemon cheese pie, my sister a peach pie, and I had a double lemon cream pie. They were all great, with a wonderfully flaky crust. What made our visit memorable, however, was the accommodation that our hostess provided for my 85-year-old father, who suffers from Parkinson's disease. We had selected a window booth close to the entrance. The hostess said the section was closed, but she would open it just for us in view of my father's condition. I highly recommend this restaurant.