“fabulous location and immaculately maintained”

Pismo Lighthouse Suites
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Ventura, CA
“fabulous location and immaculately maintained”
Reviewed June 26, 2009

We stayed on a busy wkend during and they never missed a beat. The rooms were very clean and well maintained... not to mention tastefully decorated. It was more like a condo than a hotel, with plenty of space for a family (and activities) and everything you would need to be right at home for a few days or a week. The ocean/sunset views from our room were to die for and the sound of the surf below our balcony lulled us to sleep. This would be a top recommendation for the area!!!! .... we wish they allowed pets (we would visit more often if our little dog could come too). PERFECT FOR A WEEKEND GETAWAY TO DE-STRESS!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Polish first
Pasadena, CA
Reviewed June 23, 2009

This property has many positives but the negatives, albeit few, are enough for us to not consider this property again.

We had an Oceanfront King Suite. $249 rate for Thur, $429 for Fri & Sat for 2 adults and 1 child.

Positives:
-Great location on cliff with beach access and walking proximity to Pismo downtown.
- Oceanfront suite, 1st floor - gorgeousview of ocean and cliff. Bunnies come out from bushes and hop around. :)
- Perfect for families. Nice outdoor fun area with mini putting course, ping-pong tables, etc.. Onsite clothes washing machine & dryer.
- More than expected continental breakfast with waffles, pastries, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, juices, fruit, coffee with flavored creamers, bagels. Nice.
- Friendly staff and highly responsive.
- Property is clean, well maintained and safe. Security roams at night.
- No "resort" fee or extra costs. Housekeeping prompt, thorough and friendly.
- No cost for parking.

Negatives:
- Walls and ceilings are paper thin. The family of 4 above did no "out of the normal" movement and yet we heard EVERYTHING. The family next door that turned out to be 9+ people...we heard every conversation. Overally disappointing and distracting.
-The pool is small and was not heated.
-There was a major auto show going on the weekend we were there and the hotel was overrun with large amounts of people giving the property a crammed and no so relaxing vibe. You could tell some rooms were at their max occupany or more. I informed the management that the room next to us seemed to have more than the max occupancy allowed and they responded they would look into it. I think they did but by the end of the trip there was no way for the staff to make the rooms more sound proof to alleviate the large number of people. The walls and floors are just not built soundly. The management was responsive but I also think they didn't put a full halt to all the "extra" bunkers. It was hard to swallow this when paying $429 per night.
- For the high cost of the hotel I expected better bedding. The sheets are NOT soft high thread count sheets you'd find in a Westin or even a Marriott. The sheets were thin, rough and the blanket...your standard tan faux velvet. For $429 you'd expect a LOT better bedding.

So, sadly we won't return to this property when going back to the area. If you can score the ocean front rooms for the $249 or less (on the weekend too)...it's not a bad deal but you'll feel completely disappointed if you pay more.

Yes, a great view and location is primary and worth extra $$ but not when you can't enjoy it because of various dissapointing distractions.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank LMEPasadena_CA
Salida, CA
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I have nothing bad to say at all about his place. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are super spacious to say the least, And super Clean! We plan to go back again sometime this year and I will be staying at the same place. Nice continental breakfast in the morning was perfect. The kids loved making their own waffles in the morning.

I had a starter go out in my wife's car and one of the Lighthouse Suites maintenance men came out to help to remove the defective part and went above and beyond the call of duty and loaned me his personal tools to use the next day to replace the part. That is rare to get help like that these days.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Studio City
Reviewed June 8, 2009

This hotel is, by far, one of my all time favorite places to stay. The suites were huge, clean and well stocked and perfectly located for a walk down to the beach or into town. Just ten minutes away we discovered some lovely wineries. The staff at this hotel is first rate-they couldn't have been more professional, friendly and willing to help and answer any questions we had.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
warwickshire
Reviewed May 26, 2009

just left this hotel and had a wonderful room very spacious ocean view king which had a large bedroom and ensuite for us and a spacious lounge/kitchenette/bathroom with a double sofa bed and rollaway which was perfectly comfortable for our 3 young children. There are even bigger two bed suites but they were all taken when i booked. Breakfast choice was better than most and the waffle maker is indeed popular with all guests. Highlight of the holiday was seeing whales from our balcony - obviously this was just a lucky call do not book your accommodation dependent on the whale watching as we spent many hours looking after the first night's view and did not see anything again. Finally far enough from the seaside town to be quiet but close enough if you like this type of thing (Pismo seemed very Newquay Cornwall ish to us) Also close to Premier Outlet if you like to shop.

tips; best rooms 3rd floor ocean view room preferably end of units, get there early for seat at breakfast as oudoor area can be chilly, take own cutlery, bottle opener and plates as none provided, take binoculars

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I went to Pismo for two nights to make some plans and pick a place to stay for myself and members of my family for later this year, for a wedding in Pismo Beach. As soon as we stepped in the door we were delighted with the suite. It's very large and could not be more comfortable. We are a couple but four people could easily stay in each suite.

An unexpected extra was the nice, free breakfast. Usually I'm not thrilled with continental breakfasts but this one includes a waffle maker so you can make your own hot, fresh waffles in a couple of minutes.

There's covered parking and free wifi, both of which we appreciate. The location is great as it is walking distance from the village. There is a guest laundry - not that I used it but I like knowing it's there, as I expect we'll return for a longer stay.

I was so happy with this place that I booked four more suites for the weekend of the wedding. They give me a great price for doing that, too.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
ca
Reviewed May 12, 2009

I stayed at the hotel for only one night with family in from out of state. I booked one of the rooms with the two bedrooms for privacy, but not one of the ocean front rroms since we were not going to be there long. I was very surprised and happy that I still had a nice view of the ocean from my non-ocean front room. The rooms are a nice size and the hotel appeared to have activities to keep kids busy. The steps to the beach were a couple of hotels over and I felt funny going through their properties to get there, but the beach was peaceful and uncrowded which was nice. The breakfast was also a nice plus, and have no complaints about it. If I ever drive back up the coast I will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family