“A great place for the family!”

Pismo Lighthouse Suites
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you're looking for a place to hold multiple family members, this is it. We stayed in the two bedroom suite (one king bed in one room and two queen beds in the other) with my wife and our two kids, plus our friends and their child. Plenty of room for all of us. Made it easy to put the kids down for bed and allow the adults to shut the door and enjoy the larger open room with the deck that looks out on the ocean.

The pool is big enough and shallow enough for all ages as my 5 year old could touch the bottom and have fun by himself while I watched from the side. Also has a nice jacuzzi.

The free breakfast in the morning is great - waffles, cereal, coffee, etc. and the deck games make for a fun morning when you're hanging out.

All in all a great place to stay that we will definitely come back to!

Room Tip: No a/c because you're right by the ocean, so the front room is warmer. Windows open and there ar...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
erikmund, General Manager at Pismo Lighthouse Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Ryan, it sounds like you guys got to enjoy all the family friendly aspects that the hotel has to offer. We are so glad that you had a memorable vacation to the Pismo Lighthouse Suites. Please let me know if I can assist with future reservations.

There are newer reviews for Pismo Lighthouse Suites

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night on the way to the airport. Staff were pleasant and professional. We rented a ocean front room. Rooms were nice but older and rustic. It was clean and the view was wonderful. Bedroom is in the front of the room, facing inward, which I thought was odd, I prefer to sleep beside the ocean with a view. Mattresses are a little tired.

There was an annoying hum in my room all night long which drove me slightly crazy. I am guessing it was the fan from the room above?? I was on the second floor so I would recommend the top floor instead.

We were not able to use any of the amenities so I can't comment on that. We did have the continental breakfast which was okay but nothing extravagant.

The beach in Pismo is lovely but the city itself seems a bit.......on the rougher side. It was nice for a short visit, but I wouldn't stay at Pismo for a extended family vacation.

Room Tip: Choose the upper floor, may be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the feedback on your stay. We strive for 100% satisfaction so I'm sorry to hear that the mattress was not up to your standard. I also apologize for the noise that you heard in the evening. We will investigate the ceiling fans to determine if that was the noise that you heard. We appreciate the positive comments on the cleanliness of the property as the staff works very hard to provide a spotless products to our guests.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

we stopped off here for 3 nights after spending a month travelling around West Coast USA - we wanted somewhere to rest and relax and our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids aged 11 and 9) found exactly what we wanted - the hotel is great located just off Route 1 and within minutes of an amazing beach - we got a 2 bedroom family suite which was huge - breakfast each morning in the Galley was ample and delicious - the kids loved the pool and the many games to be played - best part was that the kids got to meet many other kids and we as adults met many other wonderful parents - would highly recommend it

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We are delighted that you chose us for your vacation stop on Highway 1. We really to strive to provide a fun family atmosphere so that is wonderful that you were able to meet many other families during your time here. Thank you for sharing your great experience and next time you venture here from Ireland come say hi!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a top notch destination on my list! The rooms where well equipped and decorated beautifully. The outdoor hot tub and swimming pool where the perfect temperature. We where so tempted to stay longer after seeing the fun activities that where provided.
I will definitely be passing this on to all my personal friends.

Room Tip: No onsite restaurant but a continental breakfast available.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Janice it was our pleasure to have you stay with us during your getaway. Thank you for the kind words and I hope we did tempt you enough to stay longer next time. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can assist with future reservations.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Having just spent two weeks touring California, my wife and I voted this the best hotel we encountered. It was faultless - the individual touches in the suite that made it more homely than you come to expect from a hotel - every thing in the suite was in immaculate condition. Given a choice my wife would have stayed for the two weeks!! Are we glad we chose the Lighthouse Suites for our stop in Pismo!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We are thrilled that you selected us as your favorite hotel during your two week US tour. That speaks volumes to us and lets us know we are doing the right things. We are glad that you created some "suite memories" and we look forward to seeing you next time you come to California.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Loved this place. Have tried to book before but a little out of price range. Got for $149 on a weeknight. Great size rooms, well kept, decent breakfast, convenient location. Family hotel, so just know there are plenty of kids and teens roaming around.Take note that there is no AC, so if you are there when it is warm it may be a little incomfortable. Right on ocean, so may not be a problem most of the time. Great place and would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
erikmund, General Manager at Pismo Lighthouse Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

I'm glad that you were finally able to enjoy the facilities. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of a great mid week special rate. True, while we don't have A/C the sea breezes are very relaxing and refreshing year round. It was our pleasure and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Didn't know what to expect, as had just seen pictures online and pictures can sometimes paint a false impression. However the pictures were spot on. The ocean view room we had was very spacious and clean and the decor was just right for the location. But the views from the balcony are the crowning glory...... Spectacular ! The staff were very friendly and helpful and I really couldn't have asked for more or a better hotel. I will definitely be staying again when we return to California. Just wish we could have stayed longer than the one night.

Room Tip: A room with an ocean view is a must !
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple