“Very good place.”

Pismo Lighthouse Suites
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Booked months in advance for 3 nights in August for a party of 5. First impression was great from the young lady on the phone. Got a 2 rooms suite, 2 baths, with partial ocean view on top floor. Place looks as it was recently remodeled: fresh paint, clean grounds. The suite was on the last floor (2 story). The balcony was facing west; we had a clear view of the pool and ocean. The suite was decorated with much taste and bright colours. The suite comprised of 2 rooms: one large room with one king size bed, TV, private bath, balcony and a small fridge/microwave, one table. The other room had two queen sized beds, one bath, TV , but no table or desk; it was located near the hallway and had triple (yes triple) panels, so you could not hear the noise from the main parking. The staff is very friendly and efficient. Very nice continental breakfast is included; the dining area is too small when the place is full. We did not use the pool or jacuzzi, but the place seems a little tight if every occupant decided to use it. There is a wonderful free playground by the lobby (mini golf, ping pong and badmington). Do not look for A/C in the suite, you have the cool breeze from the ocean. Overall a very good experience; will definitely return there.

Room Tip: I think they offer a 20% discount if you spend more than 2 nights.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
erikmund, General Manager at Pismo Lighthouse Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

I appreciate the outstanding review. Your comments regarding the staff friendliness were a pleasure to read. I am glad that your family enjoyed the sports deck and breakfast. Let me know if you need any assistance with future reservations.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I brought my very picky mother and she was very impressed with the cleanliness of this place. She loved the layout of the rooms. This was our second stay here. Loved how it has two bathrooms and the privacy it has. Staff were excellent and friendly. I asked for an extra blanket and it was delivered in an instant with a smile!
We will be only staying here .

• Stayed: August 2012

It was great having you back again and I'm happy to hear that we passed the mom test! We look forward to welcoming you and your mother back again soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

After reading the many reviews about this hotel and noticing how often noise was mentioned as a problem, we went to the hotel before our check-in time to request a top floor. We booked a "premium ocean" view room. First, the positives about this hotel:
* If you pay the price for a premium ocean view category, you will be rewarded. We were literally looking right down the cliff side at the ocean below from our balcony.
* The sound of the ocean in this location is amazing - the powerful and constant breaking of waves is hypnotic.
* The rooms are spacious, tastefully done and very spacious. We found our room to be clean, save for a few stray hairs in the bathtub (yuck)
* The service is great - friendly, professional and responsive.

Now, the not-so-good:
* I'm positive that if we had gotten anything but the top floor in the ocean front 3000 building, we would not have been happy. The rooms are definitely NOT sound-proof. I actually didn't hear much because I used a sound machine to sleep, but my husband, who is not usually noise sensitive, said he was woken up several times just by people walking by outside our room and slamming doors. I shudder to think about what it would have been like if we had been on the 1st or 2nd floor with other guests thumping around above us.
*This is a FAMILY resort. You will see tons of rug rats running all over the place. This does not make for a quiet, tranquil stay, but I'm sure it's great for all the families.
*The pool and hot tub, while lovely and situated right next to the ocean, are small and constantly occupied by loud and hyper kids.
*The breakfast room is way too small and constantly overrun with families and kids. I guess you can't expect much from a continental breakfast, but it is mainly all high carb foods that they offer. It would have been nice to have some breakfast meats or cheese available. Also, they provided mixed fruits, but the fruits were obviously canned in syrup. On the plus side, the coffee was great!

Though I give it a four star rating, we probably wouldn't stay here again. It's too crowded, too much commotion, and there is no guarantee of getting a top floor room, though they will try their best to accommodate you. We felt that we just got lucky with our location this time.

Room Tip: When making the reservation, request a top floor room. Make sure you mention it again upon check-in...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Malea

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your stay. You are 100% correct as we are a family friendly destination with plenty of activities for everybody to enjoy. I would love to have you come stay with us in the fall with the kids are back in school. As an added bonus, it is also our best weather. We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy some fall serenity that is "rug rat" free!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Rooms: OK. Frendliness and competence of staff needs improvement. Value for money: Well, probabely you could get a better deal. Breakfast: Restaurant is too small for numer of guests. Quality of food is poor. Long way to the beach.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CH-Traveler-2000

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not to your satisfaction. Staff friendliness is one area we pride ourselves on so I would have loved the opportunity to speak with you in person. The next time you are in the area please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I always stay at the Pismo Lighthouse Suites when I'm in the area. It's really the only place that consistently surpasses my expectations!
- Great view of the Pismo beach pier, perfect breeze year-round, impeccable service and hospitality, and spacious suites!
I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for the "suite" review!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

What a great property. The 2 bedrooms and 2 baths are a great plus for friends traveling together. So pet friendly - and they don't charge per pet - but one charge for up to 2 pets. Very nice breakfast included. While I didn't have children with me - just 2 dogs - it is a great property for families. The receptionists were so helpful and friendly. I'll be returning. They have a sister hotel in Avila Beach - but it is not pet friendly - but it is also wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

It was our pleasure having you stay with us and thank you for your comments. We love our four legged guests just as much as our human guests! I'm glad you find our pet fee fair. We also donate a percentage of the fees to a local dog shelter. I hope you submitted a pet photo to our Facebook contest too! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had a wonderful time! The family fun deck, the pool, the beach...and the over all experience were great! The room was perfect! What a great idea the 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, perfect for a family of 5! All of the staff was very pleasant and helpful! We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
erikmund, General Manager at Pismo Lighthouse Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

It was our pleasure welcoming your family to the property. We'll have the ping pong paddles ready for your next visit!