“Bad bad and bad”

and 1 more site!
Sea Garden Motel
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Had the room above the office this room should never be used mold in the bathroom dirty walls and the fridge was nasty carpet had stains everywhere. I have stayed in many hotels/motels and this was the worst ever please do not stay here pay extra and go somewhere else. I don't write reviews but I felt I needed to warn people about this place.

• Stayed: March 2014
7  Thank George S

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great price, basic motel with no frills but a perfect location a couple of blocks from the pier. Check in seems a little late - 2pm, but worked out OK. Clean, pleasant staff, full kitchen was a surprise. No coffee maker, however, and lobby coffee is not ready until 8am. We found a candy store offering coffee at 7am near the pier, then left for our family Thanksgiving in nearby Grover Beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lcat3
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Upon walking into a queen room I booked, I noticed the room was very small. It appeared clean but there was lots of stains on the carpet and later I discovered it was NOT clean. The metal heater in the wall looked old and had rust everywhere, I didn't use it so I'm not sure if it worked. There was a modern sink in the corner of the room with granite. The tv was big and bulky but there was good channel selection and free wifi. The bed appeared clean until I lifted the sheets to find two baby roaches! Thank goodness I brought all my own sheets and it was almost check out when I saw that. You can tell the construction has changed by all the uneven drywall on thr ceiling. The water pressure in the shower sucked and the shower curtain was so tiny that water splashed everywhere! Also showerhead was rusty. The linoleum floor in the bathroom was peeling up around the edges and I could see water damage under from the shower. Only two small bars of soap are provided. The towels felt like sand paper. The fridge and microwave came in handy and the hotel is walking distance to the beach. Desk lady said she was charging my card for having extra people when she saw two buddies leave after we had some beers. She insisted she saw them and was very rude. Though the proximity to the beach is good I would not stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank msr89
Reviewed August 8, 2013

First off, I pretty much never use Trip Advisor, but I hated this place enough that I felt compelled to warn others. This place was horrible. The only good thing about this place is that it made every place afterwards seem pretty awesome in comparison. We got a room with a single king size bed for $75+tax (after haggling with the manager, who was very friendly despite the crappy place). The place was run down and not very clean. The towels were not even white (ever heard of bleach?). Good thing I always travel with my own towel. Both of us were exhausted after driving 8 hours, but despite that, we both could not sleep. The fridge was loud, the people upstairs sounded like elephants stampeding, the heate in r the room could not maintain a constant temperature, the blanket on the bed was paper thin, and the bed creaked every time you moved a muscle. I could not even tell when I was asleep, delirious, or awake. The ceiling had seen so much water damage that it looked like it was about to cave in. There were drunk college students down the hall. DON'T stay here if you can help it. Stay elsewhere if you are wanting to explore Pismo Beach. We were just passing through. Next time we will make sure to keep on driving. The continental breakfast consisted of bad coffee, imitation ritz crackers, donuts, fake oreos, other cheap cookies, and a white liquid that resembled milk. Oh yeah, bring everything if you stay here: all toiletries (they only give you two tiny bars of soap), bring your own towels, linens, pillow, and definitely house slippers. It wouldn't hurt to bring your own A/C or heating unit either. Heck, just buy a plot of land and hire a contractor and build your own motel a year in advance. Cheaper option: sleep in a tent or your car.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. If there are no vacancies anywhere else, camp or sleep in your car. If you mu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank fatmaggot123
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here for one night and that was enough ! The beds are clean and that's about all the good points I have .The whole motel needs a total overhaul , very tired and worn.....
the only good point is its a 2 minute walk to the beach .........

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ian186534
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This place has been the worse place I have ever stayed in. The worse ever! Rotting stair way leading to the room, non working smoke alarm, curtains that didn't cover the windows, cobwebs, thick dust, rotting walls, nasty bed covers, towels were stiff, stained and worn, the shower had so much rust and debris that the water barely came out. I can't describe it enough. We slept with the lights on because we were scared of what would come out if we shut them off (for real, No Lie!!!) No matter what the price never never stay here. We are posting real pictures because the ones they have, show a clean room that is a little outdated but the truth is that the rooms have never been really cleaned and the upstairs room we stayed in looked as if it could fall right off the building it was so rotten. It truly should be condemned!

Room Tip: See it before you pay!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Colleen C
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I'll first start with the positives: decent location, looks clean, no roaches, no spider webs.

Now the negatives...didn't follow gut instinct before leaving home. I should've brought my own pillow cases and covers to sleep on top of bed. This place makes me feel uncomfortable. I've never packed my own stuff to sleep in a motel before but I will next time when making a spontaneous trip to the coast. Looked clean upon arrival, but once I grabbed the refrigerator handles and they were sticky I was disgusted. The tiny kitchen smells like gas and the foil covered refrigerator racks need replacing. The room has a smell of old. Had to cover my pillows with hubby's shirts cause they smell slightly like someone else's odor. I went to the store to buy Lysol wipes to wipe down handles, counter tops, and toilet. Bed sheets looked clean but who knows. They don't smell budget motel clean. It could be the old smell of this place that settled on them.

Once I wiped down the place I felt relieved. But the sheets though, hmmm, ??? Oh yeah, and one of the beds have a sunken in mattress.

I've stayed in very nice hotels down to budget motels. I'm happy if the place is decent looking, feels, and smells clean. The room doesn't have to have matching decor. I won't stay here again. So far, Ocean Palms Motel rocks for budget friendly. Too bad they had no vacancy.

• Stayed: April 2013
#19 of 29 in Pismo Beach
Seaview Inn
Seaview Inn
#1 of 2 in Grover Beach

Been to Sea Garden Motel? Share your experiences!