“view tired property”

Ranked #27 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“view tired property”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here for one night and that was enough ! The beds are clean and that's about all the good points I have .The whole motel needs a total overhaul , very tired and worn.....
the only good point is its a 2 minute walk to the beach .........

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ian186534

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This place has been the worse place I have ever stayed in. The worse ever! Rotting stair way leading to the room, non working smoke alarm, curtains that didn't cover the windows, cobwebs, thick dust, rotting walls, nasty bed covers, towels were stiff, stained and worn, the shower had so much rust and debris that the water barely came out. I can't describe it enough. We slept with the lights on because we were scared of what would come out if we shut them off (for real, No Lie!!!) No matter what the price never never stay here. We are posting real pictures because the ones they have, show a clean room that is a little outdated but the truth is that the rooms have never been really cleaned and the upstairs room we stayed in looked as if it could fall right off the building it was so rotten. It truly should be condemned!

Room Tip: See it before you pay!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Colleen C

Travelers are raving about these Pismo Beach hotels

Visalia, California
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I'll first start with the positives: decent location, looks clean, no roaches, no spider webs.

Now the negatives...didn't follow gut instinct before leaving home. I should've brought my own pillow cases and covers to sleep on top of bed. This place makes me feel uncomfortable. I've never packed my own stuff to sleep in a motel before but I will next time when making a spontaneous trip to the coast. Looked clean upon arrival, but once I grabbed the refrigerator handles and they were sticky I was disgusted. The tiny kitchen smells like gas and the foil covered refrigerator racks need replacing. The room has a smell of old. Had to cover my pillows with hubby's shirts cause they smell slightly like someone else's odor. I went to the store to buy Lysol wipes to wipe down handles, counter tops, and toilet. Bed sheets looked clean but who knows. They don't smell budget motel clean. It could be the old smell of this place that settled on them.

Once I wiped down the place I felt relieved. But the sheets though, hmmm, ??? Oh yeah, and one of the beds have a sunken in mattress.

I've stayed in very nice hotels down to budget motels. I'm happy if the place is decent looking, feels, and smells clean. The room doesn't have to have matching decor. I won't stay here again. So far, Ocean Palms Motel rocks for budget friendly. Too bad they had no vacancy.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Rebecca M
San Jose, California
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stay here every time I come to Pismo Beach, I have stayed some times as long as a year. The management and the Owner have recently (Jan. 2013) upgraded all the bathroom cabnets and every room now has marble counter top's. I agree with Kluv77 it does take time. However I can assure you that they work to improve this motel EVERY day. Nothing happens over night we all know that. If there is a problem or a concern they will drop wahtever they are doing to help you no matter the need. We all have good days and bad days but I can contest to the fact that here with the management, Is wonderful. I spoke with "Raj" and updated pictures are to follow. In closing, I am not a relative just a visitor. If your looking for the MGM grand it's not in Pismo Beach.

Room Tip: I would suggest the on the East rooms, I also have stayed in the spa room which is comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bob b
Visalia, California
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at this motel with my fiance and honestly you get what you pay for $88 for a Saturday night wasn't bad. Staff was very friendly and helpful with all of our needs. It really could use some updating but I also give them the benefit of the doubt that to update is very costly. If your looking for a cheap motel walking distance to the beach, brewery, harrys and all the restaurants this is a deal. I would come back. Thanks for making our stay nice :)

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you check in to make sure its what your looking for because if your picky...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kluv77
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I just left the motel and I have to say that overall it was okay! I mean you get what you pay for... The room was clean, the staff is all one family and they are super sweet and friendly the location its awesome cuz its a 3 minute walk to the beach, the room had a bed and a shower which its all you need really, I mean your not coming to live there! The walls are paper thin so that sucks but all in all the room gets the job done for a super cheap price so we can't really complain like all the other sissys on here moral of the story YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank LinzLou86
Leeds, UK
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here last March with a friend who was incredibly last-minute with regards to his booking. I got a bad vibe from the moment I walked into the reception area, and insisted we see the room, but the lady on reception insisted on payment up front and my friend being the positive type was happy to shell out. Even this place made his stiff upper lip curl a little in disgust. "This was forty dollars," I said. "Right?" "No," he informed me, "it's closer to one hundred." Needless to say, I had a conniption fit.

Positives? It's close to the beach, and I didn't contract any communicable diseases.

Negatives? Pretty much everything else, and I am surprised I didn't contract any communicable diseases. Flimsy locks when your room backs onto a main road, paper-thin sheets, a trickle of a shower, muddy floors, and a heating system that makes the whole room smell like gas. A previous reviewer said that the new manager "Raj" and his wife are working on improving this motel. From my experience? They have an awfully, awfully long way to go and I'm never letting said friend book accommodation for me again.If Raj and his partner are trying to put some money into this sinking ship, best of luck to them, but I won't be staying here again in a hurry.

On the bright side, it was so foul it caused me to do a lot of exploring of the surrounding area!

Room Tip: Don't stay here?
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends