“I turned off the highway to get something to drink and look what I found!”
Review of Kon Tiki Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pismo Beach
Kon Tiki Inn
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed March 8, 2011

It was amazing to find such a nice place to stay. The front desk staff were so friendly and helpful, and I got a great rate too. My large room was right on the ocean front. It had a comfortable roomy patio with 2 chairs and side table. It also had a small fridge/coffee pot/very large tv and sitting area in the room. There was an elevator for access to the upstairs rooms., and a hot and cold continental breakfast. I will remember my stay for years to come and I am glad I got a chance to stay here. The next time I come I will be able to stay longer. I give this Inn 5 stars plus..........

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Kon Tiki Inn

Reviewed February 15, 2011

It isn't too often that you run into a place like the Kon Tiki. Being a critical sort of person, I often tend to focus on what wasn't right rather than what was. In the case of the Kon Tiki, we simply didn't find a single thing to complain about. On the positive side, there are many comments to make:
1. The view is simply spectacular. Every room has a great balcony view, looking off to the ocean, about a hundred metres away, over a cliff. Choose the third floor if you can.
2. Despite the proximity of the highway, it's quiet in the rooms. This is a nice combination of the gentle noise of the surf below and the fact that the motel is set back a bit more than most of the others in the neighbourhood.
3. Everything is modestly comfortable in the room. Nice beds, nice room size, everyhthing works.
4. The staff are professional and accomodating.
5. The breakfast is topnotch. You also have admittance to a nearby health club.
6. The price is okay. We got a three-day, mid-week deal for about $93 a day.
7. Pismo Beach and the environs are among the nicest anywhere. It would be a lovely place to live.
Go there. Stay there. You won't want to leave.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank riderfan23
Reviewed January 31, 2011

My wife and I have been staying at the Kon Tiki since the day it opened, and have never had a bad experience! The staff is great, the view from the rooms is excellent, and the rooms are spotless. They keep the 3 rooms we prefer in thier files and all we do is call and ask if our room is available and book it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tlluvpismo
Reviewed January 28, 2011

My wife and I just finished a wonderful four night stay at the Kon Tiki Inn in Pismo Beach, CA. at the end of January. We have stayed at hundreds of places and we both agreed that the Kon Tiki is one of the cleanest, friendliest and nicest places we have ever stay at. Not only did the cleaning crew sweep the deck every day, but one young man even cleaned the spaces between balcony railings! Each room had a magnificent view of the Pacific Ocean with breathtaking sunsets each day. The double hot tubs made an evening adventure under the stars that much better. We are already making plans to revisit in August. The free breakfast was nice, and again, extremely clean and staffed with very friendly folks. The daily passes to the adjoining workout center were a plus.
Mike, Alexandria, VA

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Made reservations and they they called the next day to cancel on me without offering a different room. Since I was trying to save rooms with more beds for others. They should have offered me the room with more beds and then canceled on someone with a later reservations.

I would not recommend this hotel if they don't know how to do their reservations correctly and do first come first service.

Stayed: January 2011
4  Thank Unhappy32904
Reviewed December 26, 2010

One of the few oceanfront hotels with nothing but awesome ocean and sunset views. The private balcony makes me a repeat customer. The room has recliners, outdoor table and chairs on the balcony, heated pool and spas. The sound of the surf through the wall of windows lulls you to sleep. Plus free wi-fi and large TV if you tire of the ocean view. The private stairway to the beach means you can park here and walk to town, or visit the pier. The price is reasonable for all the amenities-less than $140.

Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank DocVentura
Reviewed December 7, 2010

We stayed 4 nights for my b-day and found perfectly cleaned & comfortable rooms, a front desk staff that was friendly and helpful, perfectly manicured grounds and pool/spas, and expansive breakfast offerings (they call it continental but it is vast). We are already planning a return this month!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family