“Absolutely a must ---- BOOK IT!”
Review of Kon Tiki Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pismo Beach
Kon Tiki Inn
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Go ahead, BOOK it NOW

Everything is just awesome. ALL rooms have an ocean view. You cannot beat the price,PERIOD!

Staff = professional, friendly, happy

Rooms = clean, comfortable and roomy - all have balconies with a table and chairs and all have an ocean view - coffee maker, fridge, microwave - let the sound of the breaking waves put you to sleep

Location = perfect. I grew up on the Central Coast, and every time I go back for a visit I see more clearly how awesome it is

Parking = more than enough and each space is really big

Breakfast room - from coffee to waffles and staffed by, of course, a pleasant Kon Tiki employee. Complimentary, served from 7-10 am

2 elevators

Pool and 2 hot tubs

Stairway down to the beach

Swaying palm trees

Sunset view

Wow factor = huge

What are you waiting for? Book It NOW

Room Tip: Book a third floor room
1  Thank thearts

Reviewed December 26, 2012

One need not go to Hawaii to enjoy a tropical paradise. The Kon Tiki Inn is located high on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It has a swimming pool and two hot tubs from which one can look out over the ocean.
All rooms face the water, so there isn't a bad room to be found. Our room had a king size comfortable bed, mini refrigerator, safe, bathroom with shower/tub, and a large picture window with sliding glass door and balcony with two chairs.
The complimentary continental breakfast (served 7-10AM) had a large variety of items, including waffles, hard boiled eggs, pastries and bread, bananas, cold cereals, juices, yogurt, coffee and tea. The dining area had an attendant who kept the place very clean and was very helpful.
Check in took about a minute and check out took only 30 seconds. The staff is amazingly efficient, very friendly and very helpful. They obviously take pride in the property, which is extremely well maintained.
At about $125 per night, we considered our room to be an excellent value compared to the other clifftop properties to the west.
One usually cannot walk up and rent a room, but if the opportunity presents itself, it is worth a try. Reservations are a great idea; sometimes the rooms sell out months in advance because the rooms are such an excellent value.
If you rent a room above the ground floor, you can feel secure sleeping with the sliding door open. The sound of the waves on the shore resonate clearly, making one feel like one is in Hawaii.

Room Tip: If you book a room on the ground floor, you can walk out your sliding door directly to the pool and...
3  Thank Modestotrekkerl
Reviewed December 20, 2012

From Check-In To Check-Out We My Wife and I were treated like Family. The Staff was very professional, The room was clean and confortable, The Breakfast was Fresh and Filling, It set our days in motion. My Wife's Family has been holding their Family reunion's their for just about 20 years. I had only been to Pismo Beach once before as a child in 1969. Needless to say it has changed just a bit ! After my First visit to the Kon-Tiki-Inn in October of this year I was hooked.. We stayed 4 days 3 nights. Watching the sun setting over the Pacific Ocean relaxing at pool side Wow !!! A site that will not be forgotten any time soon. We have all ready made plans to return in Oct. 2013. My Wife and I would Highly recommend this Hotel. Now that I have said what I have liked and enjoyed about this Hotel, The least thing I liked about this Hotel is that we had to check out and go back home. Well, at least until next year. Thank you, To Manager Erwin Sedley, Erin, Jack, April, Jody and not to forget Derek and the rest of a Wonderful Staff. The Kennedy's. ( That did not make the White House ) See ya guys in October.................

Room Tip: The Higher Floors have a little better veiw.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank trkennedy
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We have been going to Pismo Beach annually for 20 years and our favorite place to stay is The Kon Tiki Inn. The people are always nice, and there is not a bad room in the entire hotel. Every room has an ocean view and the property is right on the beach. Steps lead you down the cliff to the long and open beach. A great place to walk if you want, or just watch the ocean from your balcony. At Christmas you can see the lighted tree at the end of the pier. In season you might get lucky and see whales migrating south.
The rooms are generous and recently remodeled. Even as picky as I am with beds, I sleep very comfortably on these...firm but with a generous pillow top. As I mentioned above each room has a nice balcony with a table and chairs for two. There is a refrigerator and coffee potin each room and a generous breakfast. It's like Hawaii in Central California!...oh yeah, it also has a nice pool and hot tub ...enjoy!!

Room Tip: NO bad room, great views from all, but our personal preference is in the middle on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Judith G
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here for one night in early December 2012. Our choice was based on the reviews on this site, and I found just about all of them to be fairly accurate. The Kon-Tiki is a great value . . . the view alone is worth it!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have been coming to the Kon-Tiki Inn for years and have not once been disappointed. It is a slice of Hawaii on the Central Coast. Gorgeous, clean, ocean view rooms, hot tubs and pool overlooking the ocean, reasonably priced, steps from the beach, great staff...what more can I say. There is a reason this hotel is always full! Cannot recommend it highly enough. I go there every chance I get.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sballard
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We found the hotel to be a great value. Our room had a beautiful ocean view. You have access to the athletic club on the other side of the parking lot. The staff was very helpful and friendly, they have lots of information on things to do. You can walk to central Pismo from the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family