All reviewssteamersathletic clubocean viewcontinental breakfastrestaurant next doorparking lotgreat viewnice poolwaffleshard boiled eggsheated poolonce a yearhear the waves crashingsand dollarsfirst floorlove this placeflat screen tv
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The view is spectacular and every room has either a balcony with chairs and a table or a patio. We were able to watch the surfing contest, at the pier, from our room. Balconies are very good sized and chairs/table looked new and very well taken care of. The balconies must be cleaned daily as everything was so clean and shiny...chairs, table, railing, floor... everything! Other reviewers have said that the hotel decor is dated and this is true, but the cleanliness is impeccable! The bed was as comfortable as ours at home (memory foam topper) and the pillows were definitely the most comfortable pillows I've ever had in a motel (also seemed to be a type of memory pillow, but not foam). We were given a room on the fourth floor, I believe there are only four, and it was extremely quiet. We knew there were no vacancies in the hotel, so we expected a noisy hotel, but we didn't hear our neighbors at all until the final day they left. The grounds are kept as immaculate as the rooms and the grass area is huge, giving families of little ones ample room to run and play. The continental breakfast is the normal fare, waffle machines, toasters, bagels, danish, muffins, cold cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, coffee, milk, juices. All were kept restocked regularly...it's a very busy breakfast place, get a table as soon as you walk in or you might not find one. There is a full athletic club on the premises that guests can use also. In addition the hotel has air conditioning (central heat/air type, not ust below the window) that was BIG advantage given the western exposure to every room! All this, and only 2/3 the price of other beach front hotels in the area. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay again if we are ever in the area!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have stayed here many times and have never been disappointed. The rooms are nice with a great view off the ocean. We love leaving the sliding door open at night to hear the surf. The pool and hot tubs are a great place to relax.

Room Tip: Get a room on second or third floor for a better view of the ocean
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Best hotel of all we stayed in during a 3 week tour of California – unbeatable combination of location/view (above the wide sandy beach - c.100 or so steps down to the beach), large room (all with balcony facing the sea) with good facilities, high standards of cleanliness, free parking & breakfast with unrivalled value. Wished we had stayed there longer. Breakfast buffet was regularly replenished and kept clean. Steamers restaurant, adjoining, served ample and reasonable fare with spectacular view over the sea and setting sun. (Note room prices significantly more c.60 miles up the road in Cambria, perhaps due to proximity of Hearst Castle and the Big Sur – however, on reflection we would have added an extra night here rather than 1 in Cambria!)

Room Tip: None - they all have a glorious view of the ocean and evening setting sun...........
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have stayed here a couple of times and will continue to do so. You must call the hotel directly because you can't book it anywhere on the internet. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the hotel is clean and located at the perfect spot right on the beach with the best view you could possibly ask for. The decor maybe a bit dated, but it is still in good condition and doesn't look worn. They have a refrigerator and coffeemaker in the room. Microwaves are available without a fee upon request. There is also free WiFi in the rooms, you just have to tell them that you want it when you check in to the hotel or call the front desk and let them know so they can give you the password. The beds are so comfortable! This is the only hotel I have stayed at where I actually sleep better on their beds than I do my own. The heated pool is overlooking the ocean as is the hot tubs. We stayed here during the fourth of July week and it was a full house, but it didn't feel overly crowded. It was so nice watching the fireworks that they let off over the pier from our hotel. I love that there is no smoking on this property, not even on the balconies! I especially enjoy this because I have asthma and would have to go inside if someone were smoking out there. The only negative thing that I could say about this hotel is that there are a lot of stairs to get down to the beach. I think it is around 110 steps or something like that. So, for older people or people that have a hard time getting around, it'll be a workout to get up those stairs. My husband had total knee replacement a few months before we went there, so we would go down the stairs slowly, walk down to the pier, and walk back to the hotel through the town as to avoid the trip back up the stairs. Still, this is our favorite place to stay in Pismo!

Room Tip: Every room has a beautiful view of the ocean!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly B
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel was just perfect for us, after a long day of driving we got into the hotel's jacuzzi for some good relaxation.
All the rooms has an ocean view and you can take a walk from your room straight to the beach. The rooms are big and very clean with a wide plazma screen.
The breakfast is really nice, there are fruits, Jam, 3-4 kinds of cornflakes and bread and good coffee to start your morning.
I'll definitely come back on my next trip.

Room Tip: If you stay in one of the first floor rooms, you can go out side to the pool and beach from the balcony, it's very nice :)
3  Thank Revital G