Pismo Lighthouse Suites(Pismo Beach)
$256
$199
Official Hotel
Shore Cliff Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
$209
SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
$184
$180
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $203/night.

Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
$172
$161
Hotels.com
$281
$229
Cottage Inn by the Sea(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
$194
$189
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

Spyglass Inn(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
$227
$179
Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa(Pismo Beach)
$605
$322
Preferred Hotels
The Inn at the Cove(Pismo Beach)
$319
$239
Inn at the Cove
Sandcastle Hotel on the Beach(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
$200
All reviewssteamersathletic clubocean viewcontinental breakfastrestaurant next doorparking lotgreat viewnice poolwaffleshard boiled eggsheated poolonce a yearsand dollarshear the waves crashingfirst floorlove this placeflat screen tv
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The pictures do not lie! Every room has a terrific view. Room was clean and we both slept well. What more can you ask for? Pool was a bit cold, but hot tubs were nice. Wi fi was a little shakey on the 3rd floor. Steamers had a good happy hour, try the green beans tempura. Dinner was good, although service started slow, it did improve! Food was your basic fish house stuff. Take a walk on the beach, it is wonderful. Access was easy but if you can not climb lots of stairs, try walking down to the wharf, and taking the street back. It's easier!. Collect sand dollars and sea shells. Your kids would love the gentle ocean break. Stayed here when I was a kid, and my parents keep coming back. great value and the people working here are nice!

Room Tip: 4th floor has 4 rooms with fireplaces. The views are better the higher you go. First floor great if you have kids that need to run around
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I LOVED this place so much I stayed twice in one week - on my way to LA and then on my way back home to SF.

Here are some selling points:

-GORGEOUS view of the ocean - you can literally hear the waves crash as they lull you to sleep and watch them from your bed out the big glass door.

- VERY VERY clean - I was so impressed with what a spotless motel this is.

- Completely economic! I got an ocean view for $120, complete with a full gym, jacuzzi and breakfast?

- The staff is so courteous and friendly - absolutely terrific.

- The rooms are very private - I did not hear ANYONE from my room, and I am a light sleeper! Each room has its own patio overlooking the ocean and you can't see the other guests because there are dividers, so it's pretty special.

- I was also impressed with the guests - both times I stayed there, everyone was really friendly but quiet and courteous too...all really appreciative of the beautiful ocean view - a nice bunch of folks.

Other comments:

-This hotel is not a resort - it's a gorgeous, friendly little motel for hard-working people to get to relax on the ocean. I was so relieved to be among grateful blue-collar folks instead of all the surly hipsters from my area of SF.

- Some others have commented on the furniture - which is kind of a retro faux Hawaiian basic light wood kind of thing. Yeah, it's a bit dated, but for the price of an ocean view - who cares! You'll spend all your time looking at the ocean anyway, not the furniture.

- The only small negative might have been that on the first stay, my mattress was a little soft....but the second stay had a much better mattress....and even so, it was comfy, so no big deal.

-"Steamers" - the restaurant adjacent isn't all that great - but the little place down by the pier that serves clam chowder, onion rings, etc. is just fine and really reasonably priced too.

I would highly highly recommend this.

Room Tip: I think being on the second or third floor is the best 'cause you'll have the most privacy. I had a back injury and asked the staff if they could carry my bag to and from the car and they were sooooo nice about that, completely accommodating.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is my second time here and I was very pleased with the Kon Tiki once again.
The rooms were clean, the view was spectacular the staff helpful.
Will definitely be making another return trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel was very clean and fresh. The staff was also very pleasant and helpful. Price is attractive. Ocean views are excellent. Close to amenities. I would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I took my friend and her teenage daughter here during a school break. We enjoyed our stay at the Kon Tiki Inn. It is clean and the service is great. The view from our 2nd floor room is just beautiful! We took the long flight of stairs that led to the beach and walked all the way to the Pier. They also have a complimentary breakfast in their breakfast room. There were the usual choice of cereals, fruits, yogurt and waffles you can make. They kept it very well stock. There's lots of room to sit. We also took advantage of the fitness center next door. The front desk at the hotel will give you a free pass if you ask. The proximity of Kon Tiki Inn to the center of Pismo Beach makes it a great place to stay and allows you to walk to the shops and restaurants. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends