“Great sandwiches and salads”
Review of The Moose Deli

The Moose Deli
Ranked #49 of 106 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I drove past this beautiful little hole in the wall too many times.....
Thanks to Trip Advisor, I made a point to go find this deli. It is fantastic. The food is fresh and made to order. While visiting Pismo (from Alaska) - I had my lunch here everyday.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Best sandwich in town. Get the jerk you will not be dissapointed. Asian salad with homemade dressing is one of the best around.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

It's hard to live up to only 5 star reviews, which is basically what I read about The Moose Deli before having lunch there with my wife.
It was good, but not (Sonic ad) mind-blowing good. I had the #14, a roast beef sandwich with blue cheese infused cream cheese, and my wife had something titled with just initials that was basically a turkey club. Hers was better! I'll try the Gobbler next time, one of their trademark sandwiches.
We really liked the staff and outdoor seating in the small patio behind the place. Indoor seating is extremely limited, almost take out only. We also liked the menu and food quality though the portions weren't quite as hearty as I expect for $8 sandwiches.
My wife is allergic to wheat, so Gluten-free people be warned they don't currently have GF bread, but they did prepare her sandwich on a Romaine heart lettuce wrap. Also, and this sounds cheap, even though we said we'd be eating in I wasn't informed that there was complimentary bottled water in a large Sparkletts container on the patio. Instead I paid for a small bottle of Crystal Geyser from the fridge. Minor detail but wish the staff had informed me of the free bottled water just outside the door. I know it's a cheap complaint, but that water would have been fine and my tip would have been larger as a result.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Honestly, I don't like Deli's. I never suggest going or want to go when others suggest. As I searched this website, I found that the #1 restaurant was the Moose Deli. I couldn't believe it but had to go to see for myself.
When we got there, I looked at the options and thought, "Here we go. Nothing sounds good". So I asked the gentlemen working what the top sandwiches were people selected. He said the Gobbler and TCBA. We got both.
I was amazed! Each sandwich was unique and tasty. The flavor was wonderful. I promise, I'll go back the next time I'm in Pismo.
Not only are the sandwiches good, but the little sitting area in the back is perfect to sit and enjoy your sandwich with your spouse or whoever you're with.
Go try it...

1  Thank tcorrao
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had the Gobbler was really good one of the best i have had,my wife had the vegetarian she liked hers a lot,also had the homemade potato salad was great. And don`t forget to get some peanut butter cookies very good. Owner is super nice,we were at the taste of the valley across the street (a wine tasting bar in Pismo Beach) and the owner brought are sandwiches over to us.

1  Thank lvjohn2002